1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's McGrady's problem?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Gideon, Aug 12, 2000.

1. Gideon

Gideon Member

I thought that he and Vince were supposed to be such good friends (even cousins) and now he is ripping Carter up in the media. Seems like Tracy just has some hops envy if you ask me.

------------------
    He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hornblower,

Where'd you see this? Got a link?

------------------
    Just shut up and post

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

hmmm ....

yet another striking resemblance to Pippen.

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

5. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

I knew he was tired of playing in Carter's shadow, but this was uncalled for.
    He never even addressed this while he was with Toronto, and waited until he was safely tucked away in his new home to come with these comments.
    I bet Carter can't wait to show him what he'll be missing in Toronto. Or, he can just dunk on his a**!

------------------
    Nederland 2002 Qualifying Campaign (Damn those penalties!!!)

Houston Rockets Space Center- Not just another ClutchCity.NET clone. We're that and more! :)

6. insideout

insideout Contributing Member

wow.. just like pipsqueak.. here's another link to cbssportsline

TORONTO -- The dunking cousins might become the dueling cousins during the NBA season.

In the latest edition of ESPN the Magazine, the mother of Tracy McGrady, the former Raptors star who left Toronto for his hometown team in Orlando, criticizes Raptors star Vince Carter.

Carter and McGrady are distant cousins and were primarily responsible for Toronto's breakthrough last season, when the team made the playoffs for the first time.

``In Toronto, it was Vince this, Vince that,'' the magazine quotes McGrady's mother, Melanise Williford, as saying.

``I got sick of it.''

Carter didn't hide his disappointment Friday.

``It's tough to swallow,'' he said. ``I guess when you think they feel one way and then they leave ... and out comes the truth.''

McGrady also issues a challenge to Carter in the article.

``I'm going to guard Vince next year,'' McGrady said. ``I know all his moves, so he better watch out.''

------------------
    barkley for president

7. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I didn't see anything wrong in the article in the link provided.

MacGrady just said something that seems like good clean competitive banter, to me.

Tracy's mother said something that many mothers have said. Don't they all want "the best" for their babies? (Even when they're grown up)

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

McGrady also said something like "I want to get my touches at the end of the game", and "It's time to start getting my number called". Why do I think this wouldn't bother anybody on the board if the Rockets had signed him?

------------------
    Metal Sludge

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I wouldn't want McGrady getting the touches at the end of the game if he was a rocket - that's Stevies job (or even Cuttinos - or even Bullards!!)

I think maybe McGrady has been reading too much of the newspapers... his game has been likened to Pippens and he figured "I guess I'm Pippen.. now what did Pippen do when he left a team.. oh that's right, complain about everything!!" - good on him, at least he has a role model [​IMG]

Good point by JuanValdez, surely Mr Hill will be the man in Orlando ?? Surely that means HE gets most of the responsibility?? Could be interesting to see how Pippen handles being second fiddle again. (did I say Pippen?? oops....)

------------------

11. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Maybe not.

Hill has been known to disappear in the big playoff games and has never been able to carry his team past the first round. Year after year, he averages very low figures in the 4th quarter (during the playoffs). I think Hill would be better as the second superstar on a team, but is McGrady the answer? I don't think so, which is why he'll regret the fact that he wasn't able to get together with Tim Duncan.

------------------
    Nederland 2002 Qualifying Campaign (Damn those penalties!!!)

Houston Rockets Space Center- Not just another ClutchCity.NET clone. We're that and more! :)

12. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

If a big city team buys a hotshot playa with more moves than exlax ........ somebody better expect a mouth that talks a little trash and makes other people hot under the collar, sometimes. It's what they paid for afterall.

(Ya'll better expect a little s**t with all that exlax, too.) [​IMG]

I love this game!!!!

13. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones, I got a Basketball Jones oh baby eeeewwwwwweeeeee [​IMG]

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

McGreedy's true colors are starting to shine through. That fool is already rockin' the boat.

Call it a hunch, but I have a feeling Toronto will still have a better season than Orlando.

------------------
    Don't you have anything better to do?