1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's going to happen once Omer is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Will Mchale go with a 10 man rotation? Will he go with 9 and if so who his the casualty?

IMO D-Mo has to get minutes now. He's been playing excellent for his role.

Most likely scenario is probably 9 man rotation with Asik, Dmo, one of Garcia/Casspi and Lin.

2. Swishh

Swishh Member

Omer isn't coming back. When he plays his next game, it will be for a different team. Omer has been sidelined for 2 months with a bruised knee. This is an injury most people would play through. Omer has played his last game as a Rocket back in December. He simply doesn't want to play for this franchise, and is hoping that Morey trades him.

3. HL3

HL3 Member

You mean if he comes back.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Don't think he's coming back. If he does though do a 9 man rotation with Garcia out. I hope Garcia is out regardless.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He will stub his toe in the shower and miss three months getting treatment until he feels he's ready to play again.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Asik was on the bench tonight. He didn't look miserable, not overly happy either but I could see him playing 10-12 minutes a game if he can contribute. Garcia and beverly come in if there is foul trouble or injuries. Don't know about smith.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Will he come back? I think he'll be "two weeks away" either till he's traded or his contract runs out.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Saw him on the bench today. He better be ready.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What's an Omer?

11. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

My sources said he will be coming back. [=

12. Asian Sensation

He'll get booed and Howard will school him.

13. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

Did anyone else hear Jeff Van Gundy ragging on Asik about what a ****ty teammate he has turned into now that Houston has the #1 Center in the game who earned his spot in front of Asik? Asik sat out half a season with a BRUISE, a bruised ego. He is a punk, he lost his job to a better player and decided that he wanted to take his ball and go home, pretending to be injured all this time. Piece of *****. He is spineless and I cant wait til we unload him to another team. Me first attitude will never get Houston another championship and as much as he improved last year, Asik has squandered all his effort and appeal to the Rockets, and every other team by showing what a selfish person he is.

If he was really about putting it all on the line and playing hard every second of his career, being the best he could be, he would be playing right now. What a waste, and Asik has forever embarrassed himself as a professional. We should trade him to Milwaukee for a 2030 pick, a 2nd rounder preferably :grin:

14. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

People understand why Asik is upset, because he can start on a team and make a difference. But when your on a team like Houston with so much talent, and your still getting PAID, you really should just take the benching and help the team make a deep run in playoffs.

15. Muaz

Muaz Member

Dis 8 man rotation is hurting me man like I feel sore watching them play. Back to backs must be awful man really shows how durable nba players have to be. Morey's gotta be up to something

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

That's a dead giveaway. There is no "we" here.

17. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

If we somehow win a championship this year with Asik sitting out, it'll be interesting if we give him a ring. I guess protocol may demand it's required, but it would be the least deserved ring ever.

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

man, even if asik comes back..not playing for two months has got to have made him rusty

selfish man

everyone is buying into this team, and this dude getting paid more than what he deserves wastes talent

sad

20. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

A dead giveaway for what? "We" as in loyal Rockets fans, those who would like to see the best for this team, those who want to see ALL of Houston's players contribute and help this team contend for championships each season. "We" as in those fans and Rockets supporters who want to see a great, cohesive team on the floor every night working TOGETHER to win. Not a ridiculously highly paid player who refuses to play for the team that paid him starting center money even though he is only a complimentary piece to the current team. Asik should be loving getting $8.3 million per season to be a role player. That is all that was asked of him, and he sits out with a bruise, for 2 months. He wrecked his own trade value by being petty and bitter.