1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whats everyone doing tonight??? (Fri. 9-1-00)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Sep 1, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I'm thinking the West Alabama IceHouse sounds like a good idea.

Cheap beer and free food. I'll be there, anyone else?

------------------
    I need a new signature.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm gonna go to Hooters and indulge in their delicious chicken wings. Mmm mmm.

Then I'll probably come back here around midnight and man the BBS and make sure everything's ok. [​IMG]

------------------
    Falk that Mo Fo!!!

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Lynus -- I might be there if I was in H-town.

DoD -- Cmon, Hooter's wings suck! A friend and I were there about a month ago, and their "hot" style wings were not even hot! We had to get some hot sauce to put on them! Awwh, I guess they're not that bad, when you consider there aren't really any places to get good Buffalo wings. The best wings I've had are from this place in Austin called Pluckers.

------------------
    "The only problem is I always think of the guitar player from Dokken when I hear his name." -Traj, on the possibility of George Lynch joining the Rockets.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Forgot to add that I was going to see Iron Maiden with Queensryche and Rob Halford on Monday in SA...not that anyone asked. LOL.

------------------
    "The only problem is I always think of the guitar player from Dokken when I hear his name." -Traj, on the possibility of George Lynch joining the Rockets.

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

They played up here a couple of weeks ago Freak. I didn't see them, but everyone said Queensrhyce was awful. Not the same without DeGarmo

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

6. dc sports

dc sports Member

Freak, no one really goes to Hooters for the wings. [​IMG]

------------------
    Stay Cool...

7. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

D0D does. [​IMG]

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Home working on the amendments to the arena deal and preparing for the campaing. Also, playing with my new DishNetwork set up! [​IMG]

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

9. Lynus302

Well hell. Ya'll are no fun. I'm still going to the Icehouse. If we get rained out, we'll probably go play pool or sumthin'.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

10. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Lynus,

Maybe they didn't get that it was an invitation....

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Damn, Freak... you just don't get it, do ya? [​IMG]

Oh, btw, and do you order the Bentley wings from Hooters? They're fairly hot, but they're not as hot as they used to make them. We usually take some Dave's Insanity Sauce with us for some extra kick...

------------------
    Falk that Mo Fo!!!

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited September 01, 2000).]

12. Lord Tree

Lord Tree Member

I went to go see the new Highlander movie with 4 of my friends, then had 10 people over in my big ass dorm room (I've got a single, too. score!) to watch Mallrats. All in all, it was fun.

Lord Tree

------------------
    I am Jack's message.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Freak,

Ever had BW3 on Sixth Street? By far the best wings in town, with NTN trivia to boot. I'll be there on Sunday playing QB1 all afternoon.

------------------
    Cheerleaders are just dancers who've gone r****ded.

visit www.swirve.com

14. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

I feel so left out, I have no idea what restaurants and clubs are good in Houston and therefore can't discuss them with y'all. [​IMG] Anyways, I went to a friend's barbecue/pool party this fine evening.
    Btw, it was damn hot up here in TO - hottest day of the summer - though probably "chilly" by your lofty standards. It went up to something like 35 celsius here, which is equivalent to approx. 100 farenheit. I'm passing out this information as it will have a deep impact on your daily lives. Also, because I can't sleep and I'm bored. [​IMG] Clutchcity.net: A insomniacs heaven.

Azim da Dream

------------------
    We don't live for the destination. We live for the journey.
    http://www.clutchtown.com

[This message has been edited by Azim da Dream (edited September 02, 2000).]

15. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Azim,

Man, when you're talking outside temperature there is a big different between 95 degrees and 100 degrees. 35 C is equal to 95 F.

Just a couple of days ago it was 107 F with 90%+ humidity. The "heat index" (which is what is feels like outside) was 118 F. 118 F is equal to 47.8 C.

Just something to think about....

------------------
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Actually, DREAMer, that level of humidity is not correct. The humidity has been low by Houston standards (around 20%) all week. I'm sort of a weather buff and the high pressure that is sitting on top of us and causing all this heat doesn't allow that kind of moisture to exist - it squeezes it all out and leaves us with dry air.

The heat index doesn't just measure temperature plus humidity. It measures air pressure and wind speed as well. Even with low humidity, heat can feel oppressive when pressure is high because the air literally presses down on the area below it. In addition, we have had little or no wind to move the air around.

This probably makes me look even geekier than I already do, but I just wanted to clarify. [​IMG]

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

[This message has been edited by Jeff (edited September 02, 2000).]

17. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Jeff,

Well, the day before (Tuesday) it was 107, I was watching the morning news. The weather man was talking about how the humidity was 94%. It got to 105 F that day.

Oh, I knew that it wasn't just humidity + temperature. I just said that the "heat index" was more or less a measure of how hot it "feels".

This is true. But, we have been near the edge of the high pressure system that's been sitting here for weeks. Also, I believe our proximity to the coast and our high number of bayous play a part in increasing the humidity level.

Man, don't I know it. I've been working with my Dad as a siding applicator these past few weeks, whenever I'm not in school. The fun part is that this house has no shade on the sides or back of the house. Thankfully, we are now moving to the front, where the one tree is. Actually, the heat isn't the worst part. The temperature is measured in the shade, so try to imagine being in the sun on top of the heat! Man, that sun just beats down on you and saps all the energy you have.

Nah, you couldn't possibly seem geekier. [​IMG]

------------------
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

18. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Dang, I just posted something for the hell of it since I was bored, and two of CC.NET's most experience and highly esteemed posters have a debate over it.

Man do I love this site! [​IMG]

And since you think your all that, lets talk Wind Chill Factor and the exact temperature it takes for your tongue to stick to a pole, tough guys. [​IMG]

Azim da Dream

------------------
    We don't live for the destination. We live for the journey.
    http://www.clutchtown.com

19. Lynus302

When I start a new thread, 9 out of 10 times no one responds.

When people do respond, its only to debate the freakin' weather.

[​IMG]

------------------
    I need a new signature.

20. Rookie

Rookie Contributing Member

Jeff,

I have a weather question. I have always wondered about the visibilty measurement. Is this made with an instrument or by visual observation? A visibility of 10 miles means you can see WHAT from 10 miles away?

Thanks

------------------