1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

whats best for the rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carl, Jul 17, 2000.

1. New Jack

New Jack Member

I just don't wanna become a team like Boston or Dallas where year after year they are not quite good enough to make the playoffs but not quite bad enough to get a good lottery pick.

it all depends, would you rather have a team consistently be an 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs for 10 years or would you rather have a really bad team for 2 seasons and be serious championship contenders in 5 years?

------------------
    You ain't gotta like me, you just mad cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be.

[This message has been edited by New Jack (edited July 18, 2000).]

2. insideout

insideout Contributing Member

ROFL.. omigosh.. that's funny.

how many times have we had this conversation in the past three years? please, could someone pull out popeye's old post and let all these tankers read it? by the way, where is pops?

------------------
    rat-a-tat-tat, who lost a Cat?

3. carl

carl Member

if there is no hope for us making the playoffs during the season and there is like 15-20 left then i say lose every one of those games. That would probably put us in a top five pick. This is all assuming that the rockets have no chance of making the playoffs.

------------------

4. Gascon

Gascon Member

No way we tank Dream's last season. If it looks like we have no chance for the playoffs, I say we just keep feeding the Nigerian Nightmare the rock and let him go to work. He should go out on his own terms......fading out of bounds to the left, shot-clock winding down, and a sweet little snap of the wrist. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I'll take a Dream Shake for two, please."