1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Alvin Williams' Injury Status?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dharocks, Jul 28, 2004.

1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Though I know he spent most of last year on the IL, I was wondering what Alvin Williams' status was for next year? Is he expected to be completely healthy at the start of the season?

He seems like the ideal fit for us. His contract is up at the same time as JJ, Pike, Spoon, and Yao's. He's tall, plays solid D, and doesn't make many mistakes. He's a decent outside shooter, no worse than Antonio Daniels. With Skip and Jalen both capable of playing the 1, I don't know if the Raptors plan on keeping him around.

If healthy, he'd be worth a 1st rounder, I think.

2. dharocks

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Too expensive.

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

5. dharocks

You may be right, but I'm not so sure. He's very capable and his contract only lasts two more years, I believe. That would give us some flexibility.

6. dharocks

Oh... Nevermind then. I knew he had a lot of surgeries recently. I guess it wouldn't be worth the gamble.