1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you trade for Dennis Schroder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 29, 2015.

?

What would you trade for Dennis Schroder?

1. He sux. Nobody. Maybe Dorsey.

22.2%
  2. DMo for Schroder

13.9%
  3. Capela for Schroder

11.1%
  4. Dmo and Capela for Schroder

1.4%
  5. DMo, Capela, 2016 first rounder for Schroder

1.4%
  6. DMo, Capela,Dekker, 2016 first rounder for Schroder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 2016 first rounder only for Schroder

44.4%
  8. Ariza and either DMo or Capela for Schroder

1.4%
  9. Ariza, 2016 first rounder, and one of Dmo/Capela for Schroder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Whatever it takes not including Harden or Dwight

4.2%
  1. basketballholic

Schroder is a young PG on a rookie contract. He's shown flashes of greatness on both ends of the court. His rookie contract means he's going to play relatively cheaply for another 2 seasons which carries us through the key free agent seasons next summer and the summer after that.

I'm thinking Atlanta may discuss trading him for the right price since they may lose both DeMarre Carroll and Paul Millsap in free agency. What would you be willing to give up for Schroder?

2. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

younger version Rondo , but shoots better

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I remember watching a hawks playoff game on tv this last postseason. The crew put up a graphic that showed korver's stats with Teague on the floor vs with Schroeder on the floor . The results were heavily in favor of Teague . Schroeder might become a nice player but he is frequently out of control . I would only trade spare parts for him and probably wouldn't give up a first for him either . I'm quite happy if we could go into the season with Bev, llull ( or another vet of his level) and Johnson. All of these random threats should go into the trade thread but I'll give you credit for mentioning a name that not many people would have thought of .

Also I'm not sure Atlanta wants to trade him . If his potential is as high as you think then they will want to keep him even if he is a bit redundant with Teague. This is now a league where you can play 2 point guards 30 minutes a game especially if one of them can shoot/ defend 2 guards. Atlanta was a top 2 team in their conference and pride themselves on chemistry and ball movement . Changing up personnel is a great way to kill those attributes.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Why would atlanta want to trade him? Because of teague who is kinda old and has 1 more year of contract?

5. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

I don't think he's going anywhere. Out of all the players on that Atlanta roster, I feel like he's the most likely to be there in 3 years.

Very intriguing player for sure. 22 year old PG with true point skills who can also score and defend.

TJones/Capela would likely be the offer for Schroder. Not sure if I would do that, I'm just intrigued by Capela's potential too much. His 2 weaknesses (shooting and strength) are areas where he can really improve. I love his shooting form, that arc he gets is going to allow him to develop a consistent shot in this league imo.

DMo for Schroder straight up? I love DMo but I'd do that trade now because of the back issues. If DMo were healthy I wouldn't.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Horrible fit next to Harden imo. Demands the ball and slows the game down, not a good enough shooter to play off-ball with Harden.

And I agree with above poster, I also read about Korver's shooting when Schröder is their PG, the decreased pace and movement make it really hard for him to get open shots. Would be the same for our team, as we rely on pace.

7. fattz

fattz Member

We should give back the rights to TWill

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Put the ö in Schroder

9. Asian Sensation

I'd rather give up a package that lands us Teague. He's ready right NOW to help lead a team like ours to a Championship. I can see him being the perfect fit next to Harden actually.

I'd give up Ariza, Bev and Jones. They'd probably ask for Capela or Dmo in place of Jones in which case I'd still probably do.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

how about the Terrence Williams? another jacked up trade.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, if the Hawks are breaking up the group, I'd want Teague. Schroder is obviously a solid player, but I'd prefer Teague if I had my druthers.

12. basketballholic

Teague is a nice player but he takes up a lot more cap space than Schroder does. That's why I specifically made this thread about Schroder. The cap space options we would have next summer are greater with Schroder than with Teague.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Well of course. There is a reason that Teague is a starter on their team and Schroder comes off the bench.

Schroder is younger and cheaper. He has looks to be very promising. With the way the Rockets seem to be operating, getting a good, young, promising PG on a rookie contract would be a great deal for us.

That said, why would the Hawks trade either one of them?

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Capela and the 2016 first but they wouldn't do that. I would not include D Mo in any trade to get him.

15. verysimplejason

He looks confused at times on the offense. There are other options. Lawson?

16. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Unless he learns how to shoot - which he's getting better at, do not want.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wafer/Mike James-oriented mindset. 8th man/situational player here.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

This dude is basically Rondo without the issues, right?

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If Rondo was a mediocre playmaker with a terrible 2 ast/to ratio and played like sh** in the playoffs (he used to be a beast, this year doesn't count).

Schröder is far from being a contributor for a contender.

20. basketballholic

Because they may lose both Millsap and Carroll in free agency.