1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you ask....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mogrod, Oct 6, 2016.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Hey everyone. I work for a local magazine and one of our writers is trying to set up a one on one interview with Clyde Drexler. She is asking around for any possible questions to ask him that wouldn't be the same ol' same ol'.... something interesting or a little different than what you can find on Wikipedia. I gave her some suggestions (stuff about UH, his thoughts on the differences on the game now than when he played, what e thought walking into the arena the night he was traded, etc) but I've come to THE Rockets community to see what you guys think.

So, if you were to interview Glide, what would you ask him?

Thanks

don grahamleone and malakas like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What makes you such a consummate professional?

Then follow that by asking:
    What really made you leave the Rockets to embark on your failed coaching career at UofH?

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

have you ever clubbed baby seals? and if not, how do you know what clubbing baby seals is like?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

"Have you ever clubbed a baby seal?"

"Would you consider yourself a consummate professional?"

"Thoughts on Les Alexander's laugh?"

5. heypartner

Serious questions:
    1. Now that Drexler's is closed. What is your mother's favorite BBQ Restaurant in Houston. And yours?
    2. Tell us the truth: The city of Portland or Houston. Which city do you like the best.
    btw: why does Clyde's wikipedia page say the bbq joints are still open? Someone should go edit that, and look for other possible updates.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why do you keep saying "nothing but net", "he brings it night in night out", "when you put the ball in the basket, nothing but good happens", "penetration does so many good things", "I like it", "you and me both" (insert evil Clyde laughter)

And finally....

How do you still have a job despite being a really bad commentator and often saying wrong things?

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thoughts on Bill Worrells retirement, what its been like to work with him over the years.

8. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

I thought you ask someone for an interview because you have questions for that person. If your friend doesn't know what to ask, maybe don't ask for an interview in the first place?

I'd ask him if it's in his contract to say every game how wonderful mr Alexander is. Or he's just doing so mr Alexander wouldn't fire him for being bad at his job.

9. vick

vick Member

Is it possible that anyone in the NBA can have a year as bad as Brewer had last year?

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

What player or players did he like the most while growing up?
    (I guess George Gervin!)

Just ask for some stories about his best teammates. Terry Porter, Buck Williams, Kiki Vandeweghe, maybe Drazen Petrovic (although Petrovic wasn't given much of a chance in Portland, but it still would be interesting to talk about him). And of course Houston teammates.

Also he played some time with the Enforcer, Mo Lucas. That's another Blazers great. It would be interesting if Drexler has any stories to share, because that's a legendary personality, and he died from cancer a few years ago.

saleem likes this.
  11. heypartner

I also would love to see Sasha Baron Cohen interview him. I just can't make up my mind whether Ali G or Borat would be the better interviewer. Drexler would be a perfect straight man for them to dupe....poor Clyd

I can see them both having a field day asking about Phi Slama Jama, but in the belief it was a real fraternity at UofH.

Their line of questioning would start with "Why does Phi Slama Jama no longer exist on UoH campus?" Patiently listening to Clyde explain the rarity of the Team. But eventually they cut in. Borat would be really excited about the debauchery of the fraternity, and why Akeem was called the Dream, thinking it was about sexy time, and not getting the rhyme because he keeps mispronounces Akeem's name somehow.. Ali G would give Clyde mad props for choosing UofH over Rice, staying true to Urban roots vs the rich white private school with the fancy degree. But ask if he ever went over to Rice to pick up the rich white chicks, like Akeem did.

... and so on

#11 heypartner, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    Richie_Rich and DonatasFanboy like this.
  12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

haha, good stuff!

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

would you call game 3 against orlando the greatest of your career?

14. bongman

bongman Member

Did you ever try measuring the highest point of the backboard you can reach when you were at your prime? If so, what was it?

saleem likes this.
  15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Magnets, how do they work?

napalm06, Red.Glare and CK Johnson like this.
  16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Ask him about the bank shot three pointer he made at Denver. That saved the rockets ass in 95. Avoided playing Seattle.

heypartner likes this.
  17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

If he could swap his Rockets championship for a Portland championship would he?

heypartner likes this.
  18. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

We all know the moon is not really made of green cheese. But what if it was made of barbeque spare ribs, would you eat it then?

19. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

You spent the majority of your career in Portland however you consider the Rockets your team. what made you consider Houston your home and when did you know? Was it after winning a championship?

people mainly think of clyde drexler as as a trailblazer. What team do you remember most?

20. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i'd ask clyde about his opinions on the players union - do they have good leadership?

heypartner likes this.