1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what would we have to do to get hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Feb 9, 2000.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

hey do any of y'all know what it would take to get g.hill next season. isn';t he a free agent????

2. Houston Rocks

Houston Rocks Member

Probably a big fat contract worth at least 10 million for the first year, and we just happen to already be way over the limit. No matter what CD or RT do ( unless it's a big "wink-wink" kind of deal, it is not gonna happen.

3. dream_team

dream_team Member

if there's one thing i've learned with this organization... anything's possible! i think grant hill is the guy we need to turn us into contenders by next season. it would take a miracle, but i wouldn't be surprised if houston can bring him in somehow

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

True, anything can happen, but I don't think Hill is going anywhere. He will re-up with Detroit. Even if he expressed desire to leave Detroit, Houston would have a hell of a time creating that kind of cap space.

But here's to trying!!

5. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Din't we give Chuck 9mil. this season? Couldn't we use that money next season to get ghill? Then when Dream retires we can sign ghill for more.

6. Houston Rocks

Houston Rocks Member

We were over the limit before chuck even got the 9M. That won't free up any cap room. Also - Gotta agree with HoopT...what makes anyone think Hill wants to go anywhere?

7. popeye

popeye Member

Grant Hill's List of Priorities

1. Resign with Piston's for more money than anyone else can offer me.

2. Take the Orlando money for a year or so then get max for veteran age from Orlando to finish out my career.

3 ~to~ 103 Entertain all the other offers.

104. Callback Houston and politely refuse their offer of a paltry $4-5.5 Million a year for three years and a promise of "more to come" once S.Anderson gets his promise, Francis gets his mid contract extension and bonus, Cato gets his guarantee and several other new and old players get their due amounts, including Free Agent signings.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

105. after signing for a king's ransom, gving a big toenail clipping to the author of this thread as a "tycoonchip"

9. Houston Rocks

Houston Rocks Member

106) Going to the finals against the Western Conference champions, the Louisville Rockettes.