1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

what would this rocket team look like with a different offense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chandlerbang21, Apr 28, 2014.

1. chandlerbang21

let's face it morey ball is ugly. I'm watching all of these playoff games and these teams move with such fluidity with the constant ball movement and off ball movement. Just looking at the Atlanta Hawks makes me envy how their team plays together. Hopefully McHale is gone and the off season because his contract isn't guaranteed. my question is what would the Rockets look like with a more team first approach to offense and defense.

P.s. did you guys remember the days when the Rockets would run back door passes to harden on the baseline for easy dunks and Parsons would crash the boards and dunk on the opposing teams big man. ALL of that is gone

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Amazing.

You tell me what would happen to this offense with a coach who runs staggered picks to free up Troy Daniels for some open shots.

Or integrates P'n'Rs into the offense instead of out of the blue and goes away from it after scoring on 3 straight possessions from it.

Constant movement = the defense can't stand around watching Harden as he dribbles at the top of the key for half the shot clock getting ready to collapse on him.

There'd even be a place for Asik in the starting lineup with a coach who embraces a constantly moving offense. Screen after screen after screen.

Who knows. Maybe I'm just wrong in thinking movement is good. I know it's a small sample size since basically the first quarter in the last Clippers game was the only time in recent memory I remember it happening. And we had them bamboozled.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Amazing. All we need is a legit coach and we have a legit shot to win it all

4. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT?! ALL ROCKETS NEED IS THAT SWEET HARDEN ISO 1-4 ICE! CHAMPIONSHIP BABY!