1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would make this season a success?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Dec 3, 2016.

?

What makes this season a success to you?

1. 50 plus wins

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. 60 plus wins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Winning in the first round

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Winning in the second round

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Winning the WCF

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Winning the Chip

14 vote(s)
    35.9%
  7. Development of young players

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

In your opinion what would make this successful? Is it a win total? Is it playoff wins? I get the sense more and more CF think we can compete this year which surprises me. I personally think we are competing to be the best team that had no resonable chance of winning the chip. So the develop of young players is key to me.

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

There are several options here that can be chosen, personally dude would LIKE to see younger players develop AND I would like to see us make it out of the first round, for sure. Championship too. I don't care about win totals and all that stuff, thats for ESPN to babble about.

juanm34 and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Championship.

bye bye.

TracywtFacy, htwnbandit and Tha_Dude like this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Draymond Green NOT posting his raging boner while chilling with his teammates would be a small success

5. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

What's wrong with his boner man? I think he SHOULD stay away from fast food because from what I hear it doesn't help out for, well you know that, OR you should.

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Going back to the Western Conference Championship!

7. simon_!

simon_! Member

just wins.
    it seems to me i enjoy in every little step up more than in plotting master plan for years to come.
    50 + means guaranteed happiness fifty+ days this season, and in every great win like spurs an gsw, it carries me for couple of days:)

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I want to see this team whoop the Spurs asses in the playoffs in the second round.

That would be preferable.

That would also mean we made the second or third seed.

We will see.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Since when did DMo, Capela and Dekker become veterans?

Why is "developing young talent" a separate option? Capela is a freaking starter. Dekker is already getting solid minutes and can be a key part of all the other options. Harrell is getting some minutes, too.

And if Morey matches, we need to continue developing DMo as primary young player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's four young players.

I'm always confused by this theory that playing to win is in contrast to developing rookies? Letting young talent play with the veterans deep into the playoff is the best way to develop young talent. And we are giving 4 guys that time. If you try to get Wiltjer and KJ into that mix, too, to have 6 young player in the rotation, you destroy team chemistry and they are just playing with themselves. Figuratively, too. :D

I'm pretty sure Sam Cassell, Robert Horry and Carl Herrera's growth was accelerated by being on a championship team. Cassell got <15mpg much of reg season, but they were all very meaningful, because he was playing with Vets with a purpose. Capela is getting 10 mpg more than Cassell and Dekker is actually getting like 5 mpg more than Cassell did...and looks like he'll get even more. And DMo!!!

#9 heypartner, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

First round. At this pace we're heading to a 53 win season. Unless we go through a huge slump I don't see us finishing under 45 wins and we've only played 6 of our 20 games at home so far. I think 50 wins is very possible if we keep on rolling like this. I wouldn't consider 50 wins a success though. I would consider making it to the 2nd round a success, but that may be hard with a Jazz or Grizzlies first round match up if we finished 4th or 5th. Then it becomes even harder if we sink to a 6th or 7th seed and play against the Clippers, Warriors, or Spurs.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Developing young players is a separate option because I wanted to get a feel on what everyone's number 1 priority is.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's not a conflicting priority to fielding the best team, though. Capela, DMo and Dekker are all key rotation players.

I guess you mean by benching the vets and playing DMo, Capela, Dekker, Harrell, Wiltjer, Ennis and KJ artificially more minutes. I think that is a very poor way to develop players.

The top priority is improving Harden and attracting Stars in free agency. That is best done by going deep in the playoffs. And it's super cool when you can do that while having young guys like Capela, DMo and Dekker who can hang with the vets. We are doing both.

#12 heypartner, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  13. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

i hate moral victories...you play for the chips.. nothing else

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't see the option for "more DMo threads."

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

1. No more DMO threads
    2. Capela making everyone obsolete
    3. Maury going from triple chin to double chin
    4. GETTING ON THE SAME PAGE WITH OUR LEGS BACK AND TURNING THE CORNER
    5. Staying CALM throughout the season

16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

ROFL!

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

on a side note the raptors blew out the Dwight Howard Hawks by 44 points tonight....this year is already a success if it ended today...so glad he's not around as Capela continues to imrpove without all that head case drama around anymore https://twitter.com/raptorsrepublic

heypartner likes this.
  18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Wins ....

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

50+ wins and winning the 2nd Round

Championship is best, of course.

20. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Harden MVP Gordon 6MOY