1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would it take for 3rd seed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Feb 14, 2019.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lamo 3rd seed?! Were not even getting the 4th seed

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

If they get everybody back and find a rhythm heading into the postseason who cares about seeding.

farhen likes this.
  3. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Following my in-depth analysis of this team before the all-star break, I have concluded that we all should not worry or stress about what seed we will be. This team will turn it on in the playoffs and be back facing the worriers in the WCF. Keep ya heads up and enjoy the day, lovebirds.

Feedoffdoubt and BigShasta like this.
  4. ballgame

ballgame Member

GET A REAL 6'10" PF AND SEND SHUMPERT BACK FROM WHICH HE CAME

Purvis2Short, ilias and elmotsangtt like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

thedreamsteam likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Not the same team

Purvis2Short and BigShasta like this.
  7. today

today Contributing Member

Somebody else mentioned this point awhile back and it changed my thinking... We need to be at FULL STRENGTH in order to beat GS, so it might be more advantageous to play them in the 2nd round instead of the WCF. We can beat Denver or OKC in the WCF even if we aren't full strength.

I'm rooting for the 4th seed.

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

Basically Morey indirectly traded Ennis for Shumpert. I'd not pay that 11 million dollar for just a Shumpert.

Ennis is a better player than Shumpert.

elmotsangtt likes this.
  9. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Morey breaks the small forward. and does not sign house

10. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Zach Randolph? any other good suggestions? I think zach wants the champion, even he will not cost too much to keep him next year

Purvis2Short likes this.
  11. BigBum

BigBum Member

The lowest cost to Sign House is at February 21, has to shed every penny going forward.

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

there is no way in hell this team is getting the third seed. you guys are still worried about when you see the warriors assuming we will get out of the first round. this not the same team as last year. idk what its going to take to get that through your heads. to me it really doesnt matter that much when we matchup with them. the goal should be championship right ? you guys seem to be content with losing in WCF just to say we got there but that really doesnt mean ****. there are no easy routes to a title. im way more concerned with health than seeding for this team. 4th is the best we can hope for. if we can get that and be healthy Ill take it. Id rather be in warriors bracket and play a team like portland round 1 than be out of their bracket and get OKC or DEN....though i wouldnt hate to play DEN, they have a lot of talent on that team and are very good defensively, id still rather play the blazers.

Purvis2Short likes this.
  13. Denovo

Denovo Member

We would need help to get the Third seed. OKC will be second but I don’t see Denver taking thqt dramatic of a decline. We should settle into the 4th spot. When healthy, Portland series is a gentleman’s sweep for us.

14. farhen

farhen Member

worst case scenario we probably face them at first round, revenge series or early trip to bahamas

juanm34 likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, worst case scenario is us blowing some early leads a few too many times and finding ourselves slipping right out of the playoffs. This is a tight Conference and we can't afford to get lackadaisical.

The only sure thing is that if we do make the playoffs and Clint, James, or Paul go out with injury we are screwed. The teams we will face are probably too good to win a series without all 3 of our stars. We just have too much inconsistency either on offense or defense with the surrounding players. All we can do is hope all the stars align and anything is possible. When this team plays great they are fun to watch. Go Rockets!!

farhen likes this.
  16. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

I don't care what seed we get as long as we make it into the playoffs and everyone (looking at you CHRIS PAUL) is healthy. Ain't nobody gonna wanna face us in the first round if we're healthy.

D-rock, deb4rockets and farhen like this.
  17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

It would take Rockets winning a lot more games than they lose.

18. edwardc

edwardc Member

Team defense is number 1 for me .

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am not a pessimistic person by nature, but realistically the Rockets are only a couple of games from being completely out of the playoff picture. Check the standings.The return of Capela should help, but the problems are more systemic. The Rockets pound the rock. This allows defenders to remain stationary and rest. The Rockets aren't committed on the defensive end. They are lazy. The biggest issue is they aren't near as talented as they were last season. Frankly, the offseason was grossly mismanaged and that is an understatement. The Morris addition was the last chance. It didn't happen and worse he ends up with a rival team. To go from an elite team that was close to winning the West to the scrubfest they are now is inexcusable.

Purvis2Short, slothy420 and ROXTXIA like this.
  20. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Put more ice on CC’s finger