1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What we need

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Feb 3, 2000.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I agree cabbage. Yesterday I was so amazed by theo ratliff. All the things you said about him were true. He is such a hard worker and I wish houston could get him someday.

2. Hydra

Hydra Member

How about Brian Grant, he is an excellent rebounder and I think he is going to be a free agent. I would look to him to pick up the rebounding slack left by CB4 and not need to be involved in the scoring to be content.

In the draft I think we should look for a SF or a center first, KT is doing a good job at PF but we have only Williams and Bullard at the SF. We are also going to need another center after Dream is gone to back up Cato. Pig is too small. If we get one now we will not need to much production out of him next year so he can learn the ropes without too much pressure.

Finally, if we could I would like to offload Williams and Drew for a good point guard to take some pressure of the Franchise, this will make him last longer. How about one of the Warrior's PG's or Bobby Jackson from the T-Wolves?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well...no arguments about Grant. He is the epitome of the workhorse PF. But Hydra...everyone wants him...very expensive.

Cabbage...I love Jerome Williams too. Theo impressed me last night. He is very active defensively. Philly is best not to let that guy get away, for sure.

Something also about that game....Lance Hughes showed me nothing. Yeah, one game only, but in one game you can see the man's shot release and rotation. His shot is not pretty. If he doesn't learn to shoot, the NBA will take away his driving ability by backing up. The man better learn how to shoot.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see Jerome Williams in a Rockets uniform. He's exciting and reminds me highly of Rodman without all that trouble. With guidance from Rudy T i think he'll turn out to be a better person. he may not be all offensive but the man is exciting and pumps in action to the game. him and cuttino and francis will make the game loud and fun.... williams will work on his passing skills so he can be like rodman and that will come through time he'll be a great asset for the rockets with his rebounding and defensive ability...and hopefully we can get cato to gain some bulk. get him bulked up and strong he'll be awesome

5. himself

himself Member

hello every1;
    I have been reading,and checking cc,for a few years now,and been a rockets fan from the day they drafted THE DREAM.I have played and coached ,and I can't believe some of the nonsence,I get to read sometimes by some posters(such as francis3 guy,and a couple of others).Will is right on the head on this one,we don't need names in this team(we have enough names),we need a 6.9 shandon at the 3 spot.Some body who can play some D,get some RE's and shoot from pre.having francis,shandon/cat,the player we said,would open up the opposing deffenders,and KT,cato,rogers would have more room to work with.
    We don't need K martin or a top five pick to get what we need.KT will be better then harrington(I think he allready is,he has more apg then O in one season),and martin.we don't need a Cb or DREAM in low post,cause in case some of you didn't notice,our offense has changed,Dream use to pull deffenders in cause we needed to have space for 3 point shooters,this is a different game and team now,we need to pull deffendrs out to create room for KT and cato ......
    Good to meet you all.
    see you soon

6. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Welcome to CC.net,

First of all this team has great players. BUT.. I think we need to go to the lottery and get a good player.

Right now the biggest need is a SMALL FORWARD. We have Matt Bullard that starts at small forward, it is not fun to see.

The small forward I like is Terrence Morris, he has defense and offense. But I dont think he will come out.

Another player that is really impressive is Demarr Johnson. He is 6'9 and reallly athletic. I wouldnt mind drafting him.

But right now the best player is Kenyon Martin. He is just amazing.

With a good pick in the lottery and then sign a good free agent after hakeem leaves , this team will start to make noise.

7. Steve Phrancis

Small Forward? Ahh, No way.. Try a Power Forward.

Bullard isn't bad for a Small forward, but there is no way that he could be a power forward. Walt is a good 3 and you can also move Anderson to the 3 when you bring Mobley in. But we don't have a legit 4. Carlos make a good 3 and gives match-up problems if he plays there. He has the quickness to play it. He has the size to play the 4 but just not the wide body like Kenny has or Othello had. Our biggest need is a 4. There is no better free agent than Brian Grant, since TD will be untouchable. Brian may get traded before then, but his contract is up at the end of the year.

With Grant, who can play F/C as well as being the bomb in the community, would be more than an asset.

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Small forward , power forward.. We need both.\

9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

For the optimists on the BBS, I'm bringing this thread back so we can check Collier and Langhi against it. It does make me feel a little better. Anybody here know much about Collier's hands, quality of picks, etc.?

10. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In a previous reply to the requirement of knowing 3 languages, Moiso can, and Oyedeji knows at least 2 [​IMG].

He's a pretty good pick guy. Remember, the guy is 7'0'' 260 lb. Will make a nice pick and roll with Francis, scaring the daylights out of teams as off the pick, we can-

A.) Have Francis dunk on the European center of choice.
    B.) Kick it back to Collier for an easy trey
    C.) Francis "stop and pop"
    D.) Backdoor alleyoop to Cato as center comes to help out.
    E.) Let Clutch the Bear loose on the floor, creating a spectacle that astonishes all. [​IMG]

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

11. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

Oh, before I look really dumb, I changed my mind and the Collins twins pretty much suck. Moiso ripped them along with Madsen, I wouldn't be expecting much from any of them the next level. Madsen did get lucky though, if there is any team he can have a marginal role on (no offense required, just play D and try to clean up Shaq & Kobe's misses), he is totally on it.

I guess we will see if Collier can score in the low post, and more importantly for us, defend the low post. Being able to defend in the low post and quickly double or switch to modestly defend most players, whether big or quick, is what I was looking for in the draft. I'll have to take a lok at our new guys when I sign up for D-TV later this year.

------------------
    "The Rockets were ahead of the Suns by 20 late in game 2 of the series, but when the going got tough, we just Pippened . We would not be done in the series though."