1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What was your funniest computer problem?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DEANBCURTIS, Jun 7, 2000.

1. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

My funniest computer problem was when I was installing memory on my iMac. I took out one of the screws on the logic board cables and dropped it. The screw appeared to fall into the computer and could not be seen. I then tried to shake it out but couldn't hear where it was, after 15 minutes of panicking I found the screw wasn't in the cpu. It fell right through onto my carpet.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

After 3 years on an NT machine, I installed IIS option pack, rebooted:

It found my modem!

In fact, it is such a wonderful Option Pack, it finds my modem EVERYTIME I reboot. Very thorough, indeed.

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

p*rn

------------------
    CUT Tino
    Isn't it amazing how quickly everyone did a Cat Backflip!!!!!

4. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Here's my problem and it ain't all that funny.

Nothing but the smallest programs such as opening files and some small games will run unless the first thing I do after Windows opens is open AOL and sign on.

It is the weirdest thing. NOTHING will work. If you try to open, say Word, the entire computer will hang and freeze up. But, if and only if, the first thing you try to open is AOL and immediately sign on, then you can open other programs without ANY problems. Also, if you wait too long after opening AOL, it won't sign on. You must sign on within a couple of seconds after AOL opens... and it doesn't open right away.

Now, the only way you can open the other programs is to be signed onto AOL. But, if you first sign on to AOL, then open a program, then sign off AOL, the other program will still operate as normal....

Boy, I'm not doing a whole lot of laughing. [​IMG]

5. Jovi

Jovi Member

Well, what do you have experienced thus far?

I got my new laptop today, switched it on and entered a CD. It didn´t seem to work and so I re-opened the disk drive, and voila, the CD was gone. I was like "Uh?" and am still pretty upset about it. I will have to see my dealer tomorrow...my bad.

So what´s been your funniest bug/problem?

------------------
    What do you expect from someone who beats up his fiancee?

6. LHutz

LHutz Member

DUKE had a real FUNNY thing happen just yesterday! I got up to go No. 2 in the bathroom and I left my computer turned on, also the EMALE program was running.

Well we are not sopposed to do that, because EVIL VILLIANS could get in our system and read the mail!! But DUKE really really had to go, I ate chilli for breakfast and it was running through me like pee through trousers!!!!

When DUKE got back, SOMETHING was VERY wrong on my system?!?! And you know what that is.

HUH?

RIGHT!!!

SOMEONE GOT IN MY EMALES!!!! OK that was not so bad but they also SENT a lot of emails from my address! I had like 2000 items in my SENT THINGS box.

Uh oh. DUKE been looking at these. A lot of them went to our BOSS, Chester!! Here is one:

Dear Stupid Ass Boss,

You stink. You smell like an elepant's butt. I am the Duke of Truth, I am so much smarter than you jerkass.

Love

Lionel

OH NO!!! My boss will think I wrote them letters?!?!?!

What will happen to DUKEE?

------------------
    Robble robble robble HAMBURGLER in the HOUSE!!

7. JCBlazersGirl33

"But DUKE really really had to go, I ate chilli for breakfast and it was running through me like pee through trousers!!!!"

OMG, ROTFL, LMAO!! i still have tears in my eyes!!

Duke, forget the lawyer business, you should become a hit comedian- you'd be bigger than Seinfeld!! [​IMG]

8. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

JCBlazersGirl33,

You wrote this post on May 22, 2000 in a LHutz thread about braces:

"Um, you guys.....
    Some one should find out where this guy lives and get him some help...he
    might hurt or kill himself.

I used to know someone who talked like that...used to..."
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000792.html

Either you have changed your mind about LHutz or your sarcasm is sharper than TheFreak's.

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.

Making a list and
    checking it twice.......
    (you know the rest).....

9. JCBlazersGirl33

[​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    It's an absolute warzone in my house; I live with Rocket fans, Knick fans, and Laker fans.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Two-faced, just like Pippen, I see.

(Just kidding!!! I'm really not that mean, but I just had to take that stab at a Blazer fan... LOL! [​IMG])

------------------
    Just shut up and post

11. Jovi

Jovi Member

Well, I got the CD removed three days ago.However, the internet connection did not work. I figured I wasnt able to install the modem driver, so I visited a friend who actually has an own little part-time computer repair service..after two hours in which he couldnt help, he said there must be a problem with the COM ports..well, i drove to the computer shop and an expert took a look at the laptop.

after rebooting the computer for 20 minutes, he finallynoticed that the there was no INTERN MODEM...oh well..after all, he gave me a pcmcia card for free...my bad.

------------------
    What do you expect from someone who beats up his fiancee?

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Stupid question here, but if there was no modem, what were you plugging your phone line into?! The network card? LOL! [​IMG]

This reminds me of a tech support horror story email I once read where a woman kept calling tech support about a broken cup-holder. Tech support had no idea what the heck the woman was talking about but figured it was some kind of promo the sales/marketing guys had done in which they gave out free cup-holders if you bought one of their pc's or something. It turned out that what the woman thought was a cupholder was actually the CD-ROM tray. She had been using the the tray and its hole as a cup holder thinking that's what its purpose was.

------------------
    Just shut up and post

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited June 10, 2000).]

13. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

DOD,

I knew that one was coming!! They've actually used that joke in a recent magazine article I read focusing on how to recycle your old computer/console games. Good stuff.

Jovi,

No offense or anything, but your friend tried to figure out what was wrong and in over two hours could not find that a modem was not available? And this having a repair service? Damn...I've probably done things like that but then again I usually kick myself for doing things like that [​IMG]

------------------
    Nederland 2000
    NBA+stupidity=Brand ROY
    NBA+common sense=Franchise MVP

Houston Rockets Space Center- Not just another ClutchCity.NET clone. We're that and more!

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

The name SmeggySmeg is starting to make more and more sense.

How about trying to install an NTFS partitioned harddrive in a Windows 98 system. Man, it wiped out 95% of everything I had saved. It took me about 2 weeks to get everything back up and running.

Obviously I am NOT the most technically inclined individual.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!

15. Jovi

Jovi Member

Well, there were two ports at the back of the modem where the telephone cable could be plugged into, that wasn´t a problem

Yeah, my friend tried for 2 hours. Gee...perhaps he sould shift his attnetion to designing websites.

16. JCBlazersGirl33

Hey "DOC", some one was kind enough to send me an e-mail explaining that Lhutz is the "Village idiot" around here and that he is not in fact mentally deficiant as i'd been previously convinced. I REALLY was worried about him, i thought he was suicidal or something until someone explained otherwise. Got it? Good.

-------------------------

"Take crap from no one"
    -Me

17. Mango

Jenna is probably out there smiling.

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.
    Donate blood!

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sure, I got it, but I'm not the one you should be responding to. Mango is the one that posted a response to you regarding LHutz; I just said you were two-faced.

Got it? Good. [​IMG]

------------------
    Just shut up and post

19. Mango

Dr of Dunk,

[​IMG]

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.
    Donate blood!

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.

20. JCBlazersGirl33

It's a response to you calling me two faced. Is it too hard fro you to understand that if you give me crap i'm going to give you crap? I haven't disrespected you so i expect just that in return.

------------------
    It's an absolute warzone in my house; I live with Rocket fans, Knick fans, and Laker fans.