1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What was your favorite Rocket game this season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMo04, Jul 3, 2003.

1. BigMo04

BigMo04 Member

Mine was the Laker Rocket game where Ming blocked like 5 of Shaqs shots, Francis went for like 44 points, and Ming had the game winning dunk. What was yall favorite?

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Without a doubt.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

that was the one i was going to say. that game had almost like a playoff atmosphere surrounding it. it was bad ass how it ended too. that was my favorite game by far.

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

That was probably my favorite too since it was one of the few games I went to. It was also a little sweeter since there were these two older ladies sitting next to us always yelling "Go Kobe!" or "Go Shaq!" But then they left with like a minute or so to go in regulation when it kind of looked like LA was going to win. I want to say they were up by 2 and Kobe had 2 FTs to shoot. That game was an amazing game to be apart of.

Now I wish I can be apart of a playoff game for once. :(

5. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

There hasn't been a better Rockets game than the one against the Lakers in at least four years.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That was easy. Instant classic. :)

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The laker game was good, but it was all Stevie. I'm going to throw a curve...

I liked the suns game where we blew them out on their home court. AT THE TIME, I thought we were well on our way to the 8 seed.

Most complete game of the season.

8. Tim

Tim Member

The Lakers game was the easy winner for me.

My next two would be:

The first home game against the Spurs -- Yao had gotten beaten up bad by Duncan and Robinson in the pre-season, then came back with maybe his most complete game of the season. I sat in the upper bowl next to a bunch of college kids screaming "Do him, Yao, do him!" every time Yao touched the ball, like they believed he was about to pull off some Mortal Kombat type move and rip Duncan's spine out of his body.

Our second home game against Phoenix in March, where we beat Stephon "Who's the real All Star now?" Marbury and company in a close game that also had a playoff feel to it. It felt like it was getting personal between the two teams. It was starting to smell like a rivalry. It was our fifth straight win, and it felt like we had playoff momentum.

Tim

9. rvpals

rvpals Member

Rockets vs. Kings - 2/2/03
    105-89 Win

It's one of the best game the current Rockets play as a team. Everyone gets in on the act, people are finding the open man, several players score double figure. They just took a really good Sacramental team for a ride.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Too many games to remember,

I like the one where Moochie Dribbles the ball alot, and then jacks one up.

Or that one game where Cuttino wouldn't pass the ball.

No, my favorite might be the one where Cato nearly blows an alley-oop.

No, it has to be that one three pointer by Eddie Griffin.

Yeah, the one against the Lakers.

11. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

1 Yao's 30 point game against Dallas. And watching Barkley kiss the ass. Yao just dominated . I was also watching this game with about 5 Dallas fans in my dorms. They were all running their mouths before the game about how he is a poor mans shawn bardley. It was awsome for Yao to shut up them and many other of his critics. This was also when I knew that Yao is for real and he is the future. Even though the Rockets lost by about 15 or so Yao shut up critcis of Yao nationwide. and Yao mania offically took off

2. Yaos game versus Indy- He made that sweet move under the basket

3. Francis's 44 point game vs the lakers

4. Rockets lose to Utah in OT- nothing special but I was basically in the front row never been that close to the action in any pro sport

nice POSITIVE thread not to many these days

#11 rocketfan83, Jul 4, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2003
  12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The tension in my living room was like when we were hiding in the airraid shelters during World War II, sweating a little,worried about the bombs, but we were just pressured by the thaught that 'he' was going against Shaq and we didnt know what to expect. Would he be crushed? Would he be bullied? Would he be pushed to the court? They make ready for the jump ball, just one last swig of Pepsi and were on our way. We clap and inch closer to the TV , to our surprise Shaq is blocked time after time!! Everyone is up dancing and shouting like in the 94 7th Game."A Star is born", even old Gramdma likes the Chinese wonder! Things settle down and we all enjoyed the game, especially seeing Steve Francis coming on so strong. Everyone in my house thaught this the best game, seeing Shaq getting the message. You all know the one I mean!

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not even the triple-OT game against the Warriors?

But I agree with most - that Lakers game was awesome. They hype surrounding it and the way we won was championship-level.

14. AGBee

AGBee Member

The Cavs game was great. Which one? You pick!

15. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

Beating the Jazz by 30 points in the Delta Center got to be up there.

16. JamesC

JamesC Member

The Indiana game was my favorite one, followed by the Laker game.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Atlanta at home and Rice goes off from 3-pt land and we come back to beat them by about 15.

Reason: I was there.

Otherwise: Rockets-Lakers 44 overtime

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

The Smeg Game

19. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I 2nd that.

20. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

Had to be the second game against L.A. Seeing Francis school every Faker defender (even Kobe) was great. And who will ever forget Yao blocking Shaq in the beginning.