1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What was the single greatest Rocket player performance

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Alirules, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Alirules

Alirules Member

I have to say Eddie Johnson in game 3 of the WCF in 97 against the Jazz when he came off the bench and gave us like 31 pints or so.
    I remember people were saying outside of the big 3 for Houston no one was doing anything. And he comes off the bench and plays a hell of a game.
    And in game 4 he hits the game winning shot

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Man, 10 threads in the last few days. That has to be a record. ;)

My vote goes to either Hakeem's double overtime gem against Seattle in 87 or his performance against Robo in the 95 WC finals.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Hakeems block of Jabars Sky Hook.Hakeems block of Jordans Three Pointer.Yao Mings block of Shaqs first Three Shots.

4. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Hey....I thought you were gone for a sec.

10 THREADS IN LAST FEW DAYS?!?

Man...you must be crazy. You should reduce your posting.

5. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

lol

My favorite performance would have to be Hakeem vs. Robinson...any of the games.

My favorite this season would have to be Steve's game against the Lakers.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Hakeem's quadruple double. Hands down.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Hakeem vs. Robinson when the Admiral was given the MVP trophy (game 2?).

Hakeem's quadruple double.

The 40/40 night in the playoffs in 1995 for Olajuwon and Drexler.

8. Sane

Sane Member

To be exactly specific, I'd have to say when Hakeem was in the process of reducing Robinson to processed cheese and the commentator says "Robinson is saying, what must I do?".

Damn, Hakeem was just so damn good. Do you guys remember how amazed you were everytime you saw him? Wow.

9. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

It was game 2.

one (of many) that came to my mind was Game 3 against the Spurs. The Rockets lost that game, but Dream to me was more impressive in that game than even game 2. If you go back and watch that game, Dream made rediculous shot after rediculous shot, especially in the first half. I was in an awe state. He finished with 43 points.

If you combine Hakeem's 2nd half (of Game 2) and his first half (of Game 3), you have the single greatest Rockets performance.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Charles drillin Shaq. Picked him up and slamed him on the groud. :cool: But best play in a game, definetly Hakeem's quadrouple double. And the mauling of Shaq and Orlando.

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i saw the quad doub but i was only like 12 or 13 and i don't remember it so i can't remember how good it was.

i'm gonna have to go with hakeem in game 6 against drob. he had 3 other games in the series where he scored 40 and he only got a measly 39, but this is the one espn classic showed on hakeem day so it's freshest in my memory. it was one of the greatest games i've ever seen anybody play. 39 pts, 17 reb, and 5 blocks in the game to get to the finals. and i remember thinking when the game was about to end that it seemed like hakeem never missed, and it said he was 16/25. 25 shots for 39 points! i think he also had 3 blocks in the 4th to help seal it. it was unreal. one play in particular stood out. hakeem is facing up on drob, starts to drive toward the lane, stops on a freakin' dime, robinson keeps going for about 5 feet all the way into the lane, then hakeem hits a turnaround with del negro draped all over his right side. i mean the separation he created on drob was unreal. and drob was about as quick as you got for 7 footers and he made him look like he was stuck in molasses most of the time. incredible. i can't imagine being a spurs fan and just wondering wtf you have to do to this guy. man hakeem was a badass.

12. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

lol..this crazy talk coming from someone with 80 posts in a month?:confused: Just joking LiTtLeY1521:p

The 40/40 night in the playoffs in 1995 for Olajuwon and Drexler.

And that was against the Jazzholes if i'm not mistaken:D even better. But honestly, for me, it would have to be when Hakeem made David his bit(# in that series.

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hakeem vs. the Little Mermaid was good but...

I'm going to have to go with Vernon Maxwell's 51 point game punctuated with a 30 point 4th quarter. That was freaking amazing. No mater what happened in that 4th quarter, the ball was going to end up in the basket by way of Vernon's hands. Hakeem b****-slapped Robinson, but Vernon's game was surreal. Watching it reminded me of some bizare dream.

14. Possum

Possum Member

One no one has mentioned was when Sleepy Floyd went of for like 64 points. He was unstopable! One of the greatest one man performances I have ever seen.

15. codell

codell Contributing Member

I believe that happened when he was with Golden State. Floyd never scored that many when he was with us.