1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What was Mobley so upset about?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 4, 2000.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Right at the end of the first half Cuttino threw up a desperation 3 with the clock running out. Larry Smith yelled something at Cuttino, went over to him to talk to him and Cuttino aggressively turned away and said something back.

Did anyone hear what was said? I think it was about Cuttino taking his time getting the ball down the court with just a few seconds to get a shot off, but I could be wrong.

------------------
    We don't need no stinking badges!!! We need some stinking WINS!!!

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

immediately prior to that the rockets had the ball with around 14 seconds left and mobley threw the ball away when they could have gone for the last shot...is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the rockets RARELY get a good opportunity to score at the end of quarters...

3. popeye

popeye Member

Actually, near the end of that quarter, Mobley had the ball just over the line at half court with about 14-25 seconds left. The bench was yelling for him to take his time, but entry pass it in, so that it can be kicked back out. Then option pass it once or twice more around the arc.

This is a set play. These set of plays are called a "C-" ( C-out, C-circle, C-wide, etc...). Mobes passed it accross the face of the outside arc, which is almost contrary to where a "C" set is supposed start ... and Seattle picked it off easily by playing the passing lane. Took it down and scored.

Rudy was livid and screamed at Cuttino.

When Cuttino took the ball up again,with four seconds left, Rudy yelled at him all the way up the court.

Cuttino had screwed up. Cuttino gets embarassed when everyone and God hears RT and the bench yelling at him. Especially when he knows he screwed up.

You have to have some broad shoulders and a stiff back to play pro ball,man. It is not what everyone thinks it is ....

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is good to know that they were yelling at him. He needs to learn to play smarter overall.

Too often, he takes wild shots or tries the fancy pass, when a good ole fashion simple play would get a score for your squad.

Cuttino has been watching too much sportcenter for his own good.

DaDakota

5. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

You should also respect your coaches. Cuttino isn't the only one that gets yelled at. If I were the coach, I'd sit him the 2nd half. The team can afford to lose his 2-15 butt for one half to prove a point.

If you don't want to get yelled at so much, don't make so many mistakes.

That was a terrible lack of respect on Cuttino's part at the end of the half. If he was embarrassed by the coaches yelling at him, try sitting on the bench the 2nd half while your teammates are trying to win a ballgame.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree wholeheartedly TB. However, maybe RT did not see it as that big of an offense.

DaDakota