1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What was Houston’s All Time Best Back Court?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 22, 2019.

?

Greatest All Time Rockets Back Court (including 1st man off of the bench)

Poll closed Jul 29, 2019.
  1. Kenny Smith, Clyde Drexler and Sam Cassell

6.3%
  2. John Lucas, Louis Lloyd and Mitchel Wiggins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mike Dunleavy, Calvin Murphy and Allen Leavell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kenny Smith, Vernon Maxwell, Sam Cassell

8.3%
  5. Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Moochie Norris

4.2%
  6. James Harden, Patrick Beverly and Eric Gordon

1.0%
  7. Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic and Kevin Martin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. James Harden, Chris Paul and Eric Gordon

42.7%
  10. James Harden, Russell Westbrook and Eric Gordon

37.5%
  1. Know Your Role

Sam in game 3, Maxwell in Game 7, Kenny sucked all series but never gave up and it also paid off in game 7.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

2017-2018 backcourt. After that, probably pre-crack/cocaine Sleepy Floyd and Lucas.

3. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

1. Kenny Smith, Clyde Drexler and Sam Cassell - Not this one...Drexler played small forward most of his time here anyway
    2. John Lucas, Louis Lloyd and Mitchel Wiggins - Oh the "Drug Squad" ruined the season by getting suspended...nice
    3. Mike Dunleavy, Calvin Murphy and Allen Leavell - OK only the worst backcourt in the league at the time (where is Henderson?)
    4. Kenny Smith, Vernon Maxwell, Sam Cassell - This one won us a title, but Smith had a good game every 5 games, maybe
    5. Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Moochie Norris - Love Mobley, but loved the day they traded Francis...low BB IQ
    6. James Harden, Patrick Beverly and Eric Gordon - I wish we still had Beverley
    7. Aaron Brooks, Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry - You are kidding me with this one? What did they win?
    8. Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic and Kevin Martin - Sure then they traded Lowry and Dragic and signed that loser Lin
    9. James Harden, Chris Paul and Eric Gordon - Gotta be the best in this list
    10. James Harden, Russell Westbrook and Eric Gordon - well can't vote for this one...yet

bro2044 and BaselineFade like this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Cmon now. I love Sam, Kenny and Vernon as well, but there is no world where they are bettter than Harden, CP3 and Gordon. If you give Harden, CP3, and Gordon Hakeem Olajuwon, we might have been 82-0 that year. You would have the greatest team of all time.

Harden CP3 and Clint are like 50-5. Replace Clint with Hakeem, I think the rest of the league would just quit.

harold bingo and BigM like this.
  5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Its POSSIBLE for this next years to do it, but since they haven't played a single game it seems like an invalid choice.

I want to pick the championship teams, but those guards relied so heavily on what Dream provided, that I had to go 2017 Harden/Paul/Gordon. Best record ever, our star was a guard, and we would've potentially moved on if not for that dam injury. Game 5 was so, SO bittersweet.... I don't know if I've ever felt that height of positive and negative emotions at the same time before.