1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What time is the game, and how do I cancel my date?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Apr 12, 2018.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Go out, have fun, but get home before the game starts by telling the other person “how it’s going to be.”

Then get on your knees and say, “PLEASE!!”

She or He might be a bigger Rockets fan than you are

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

RasaqBoi, Jontro and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I know the conflict is over since we're playing Sunday, but I really wanted to tell this story again...

I asked this girl that went to HS w/ my cousin for her number one night at a bar (FYI, we were both in our early 20's at this point). I had always had a crush on her and thought she was way too cool for me. She gave me her number and told my friends that she was into me. Couldn't believe my luck. I wait the requisite amount of time and call her up and we start a little phone relationship and I ask her out... we plan on the next Thursday night.

Now at the time of our plan, the Astros are tied w/ Cardinals 2-2 in the NLCS trying to get to the World Series for the first time. By the end of the next night, we'd be up 3-2 after winning three in a row. I suddenly realize, after its too late, that we HAVE TO win game 6... otherwise, game 7 will be on Thursday night... The night of our first date night. Of course, we lose game 6 on Wednesday night, in extra innings...

So now it's Thursday... I call her that morning to see what she wants to do. I'm like "Hey, what are you up to?" She replies, "I taped game 6 last night because I had to study... just watching it now to see what went wrong. I swoon... "So... where do you want to go tonight?" Her response: "Well we have to watch game 7 somewhere, right?"

We ended up sitting on the patio at Two Rows in The Village... both of us nervous as hell. And we're not just nervous cause we're out on a first date together... it's also GAME ****ING SEVEN! I don't think either of us even ate more than two bites of food. And even though it was a tough, agonizing, very "Houston" loss, both of us were trying to hold back grins as we left the bar cause we had such a great night together.

Smash cut to today, we've been together ever since that night and married for the last 8 years. Moral of the story? DON'T CANCEL YOUR DATE!!

4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

"Everything" and "one first round playoff game" are two entirely different things. Nice try at trolling though.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you heard the man . . . DO THE RIGHT THING.

don grahamleone and eric.81 like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cancel and let someone else who would rather spend time with her than watch a 1st round game `1 game

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

As a man married to a beautiful, smart, successful woman...you're an idiot if you don't go on that date. No chance she reschedules unless you're dying of some horrible disease or you're Ryan Gosling.

What...you think she doesn't have options? Recognize yourself for the worthless slob you are and go get your car detailed and clothes dry cleaned. Then hope she doesn't see past it all and move on to the next worthless slob in line.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I see tickets starting at $60 tho

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Sounds like you got a reprieve with the Sunday game. However, if the date did fall on game day that creates a perfect opportunity to see what the girl is all about...take her to the game!!! If she didnt want to go or she goes and asks a question like “what is double dribble?” then you know not to take her on that second date. On the flip side, if she says “I like how the Rockets switch on every pick and roll and most of the players are versatile enough to defend multiple possessions” then I suggest you propose during the 3rd quarter on the jumbotron.

napalm06 likes this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

On flash???

I need to recheck because cheapest I saw was 85 for upper deck behind the goal...

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

SeatGeek...there were some starting at $63 but those are taken...cheapest I’m seeing now is $66, but they got a bunch starting in the 70’s too

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

@BigMaloe those are if you’re looking to purchase more than 1 ticket tho

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek: @Pen15clubber

RasaqBoi and macan like this.
  15. How Sweet It Is!

In the end, your hand will do whatever you ask it to do.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

tell her the truth that you need to watch the game and reschedule the date. promise her teh buttsecks for understanding

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The entire Rockets postseason could hinge on the karma of your decision.

Make the sacrifice and go on the date.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This guy .. you beat it out the frame Saturday after chicken wings and a movie .. Bing .. then Sunday you go find a down azz Rockets chick at a watch party and settle down with the one .. boom .. the end. Your welcome.

19. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Holy f$);/ I love the responses!!!!!! Thank god the game is on Sunday.

She did tell me that she wants the date to be at 6:30 now because she has to wake up for personal training Sunday at 7:30 am

I live in Los Angeles, so taking her to the game wouldn’t be an option. She’s a laker fan, so basically she doesn’t have anything, not even the draft, to be excited about. Other than me.

To those who told me I’m a loser, I need to get my clothes dry cleaned, I don’t like her enough, etc. I’ve been a rockets fan since I was 12 when franchise was our guy. I watched this team on regular season games when our top star on the billboards was Trevor Ariza. I had to deal with heartbreak from David west and Jason terry. I think it would be reasonable to reschedule a date for a playoff game in the season we will win the championship. For some it may just be one game in an easy series, but I am the kind of person that watches rockets vs kings games.

Great story about the marriage, and shout-out to QT for the female perspective.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Laker fan. Obviously she lacks good judgement. Cut the silicone babe before things get serious.

#60 ApacheWarrior, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    iNoseBleedRed and ryano2009 like this.