1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What the Rox really need for the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

One need is the consistent bench contribution...but I think what's important right now is Vet leadership..DH and JH won't cut it..Garcia too..look at OKC, they hav.e fisher and butler...GSW has O'neal
    ...one feasible addition is Marcus Camby

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

The deadline has passed for post-season elligble FAs I believe.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Rox just need to play better and Howard needs to get his head out of his ass when he plays OKC. I feel Garcia is a good veteran presence and came in and gave good minutes against Durant when Parsons was getting BBQed.

4. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

They really need to stop running the offense through Dwight. He can get it going sometimes, and when he does great, give it to him. But when he doesn't STOP GOING TO HIM, he's not an elite post-scorer. He gets paid max money because he can play defense, grab boards, and dunk at an elite level. Stop trying to make him into a number 1 option, that is what Harden is there for. Also he needs to start setting some real picks, Harden plays 10X better with Asik on floor because he sets great picks and Dwight sets fake picks half of the time.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not face OKC or Clippers(to lesser extent).

6. try

try Member

No. Only players who were waived or bought out after March 1st are not eligible for the playoffs. Camby was never on a team this season, so he would be allowed to play in the playoffs (like T-Mac last season with the Spurs).

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Simple. Lower your expectations...this is the first year this team has been together and injuries have also hurt them. Just enjoy that we have a good team

8. Play07

Play07 Member

To not run offense through Dwight unless he starts off handling the other big, we can't afford to get in a hole letting him practice post ups. When he does that he doesn't show any effort on anything else.

Lin & asik will be very important in the playoffs, not just for bench playing with starters.

9. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Well, this team basically needs to get hot at the right time. We have the talent that could make it work - but I don`t believe we have enough talent to be considered favorites to even make it past the second round yet.

What we need? Well for one we need consistent production from the 4 spot. Both TJones and DMo has been hot and cold. When TJones is on, we are hard to beat. Second we need our bench to play up to their potential. With Lin and Asik we basically have 2 starters coming off the bench. If they play the way they can, we are good. And we need someone else to step up in the playoffs - whether that`s Hamilton, Casspi, DMo or Garcia.

I believe we will make some noise this year. Get to the second round and then make it a close series. But I don`t believe we can make it this year. Next offseason will be critical. I think we need to add one impact player, maybe with the MLE. And we need that one more off season to really get comfortable with each other. We improved a lot in that area (remember at the beginning of the season when we couldn`t throw an alley oop to Dwight?), but we still have a way to go.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The playoffs rockets just need to be red hot offensively and more consistent defensively. Lin will need t9 score good points off the bench. Harden needs to be clutch at the end of games. Dwight has to rule the paint. If these things don't happen we won't win it all.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I have no idea where this idea is coming from. You know why Fisher has any value for OKC???.... because that douche-bag can still shoot, and defend PG's.

What does veteran leadership really do for this team....? I dont see a bunch of young misfits yelling at their coach and pouting. Veterans are nice, but they need to be able to contribute.

I love Camby as a backup 5, but as long as Asik is healthy their really is nothing for him to do on this team other than be a cheerleader.

3 point shooting is something the Rockets really need, but its not like they dont already have 3 point shooters. Garcia, Covington, Daniels, etc. However they aren't going to (just as any pickups wouldn't either) supplant Parsons, Hamilton, Lin, or any of the PF's right now so I think its just more important that those players currently in the rotation just shoot the ball better or find ways to get easier shots.

The OKC game was just one game, and they are just one match-up nightmare. The Rockets are just going to have to game-plan differently for them next time. However.... what they have been doing, and continue to get better at against the other 29 teams is what they need to be worrying about. Dont get caught up in this one match-up nightmare. OKC is a match-up nightmare for every team in the league. Houston is not exempt to that notion. So stop worrying about it, and thinking that the Rockets need to completely change and make roster moves just because of one match-nightmare that one team has over the entire league.... making them a perennial contender for a good reason.

13. yummyhawtsauce

I think Garcia should share some minutes with Hamilton, maybe even some of DMO at times. it's not about the rockets getting hot - that's just like banking on luck, they need to make better decisions and not forcing too much - but also consistency.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There is a good reason why Morey went out and found a flex 2/3 to supplant Garcia & Casspi in the rotation at the deadline. Garcia played great in the playoffs against OKC, and last night came out with an edge, but lets not lose sight of what got him on the bench in the first place this season.

If Garcia is going to play with that edge every game than great, I'm ok with allowing him more minutes, but its pretty obvious to me that Parsons and Hamilton have alot more talent on both ends, and at the end of the day are the better players for an 82 game season, and possibly the post-season (that is if they aren't facing OKC).

I chalk last night up to Garcia being really pumped up to get some PT in a hostile environment, and his love for getting under KD's skin. Garcia has shown for years now that he's not going to be that player for 82 games in a season.

15. jlb24

jlb24 Member

This is one game!! OKC is a match up nightmare and that's that. We will be fine this team is playing well right now and we are getting hot at the right time. We started this difficult 7 game stretch 4-0 we didn't expect them to go 7-0 on this stretch.

I think they may have got caught up in a little of the hype with being so hot right now. Maybe this will get them back to just taking it one game at a time and not reading into the hype.

16. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I want a veteran Power Forward. Odom would be a nice player to get if he wasn't so messed up mentally.

18. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

This is why I think Morey was stupid for standin still for the deadline. We need another veteran that'll help calm things when we loose our composure and become timid, like last night and like the Clippers game. There is no way we're going anywhere in the playoffs until Morey understands this team needs guy who are NOT scared of the momment (ex Pat Bev)

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

They need to stop posting up Howard over and over in games where it's not working.

20. ThaShark316_28

Who's afraid of the moment? They "lost their composure" in BOTH of those games, and still had a shot at both.

I need you explain further.