1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What the Management / Ownership Must do regarding T-Mac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JVG>Adelman, Jan 3, 2009.

1. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

The Management / Ownership of the Houston Rockets must stop coddling this LOSER, T-Mac, and face reality.

The reality is, T-Mac is a selfish, shallow, emotional bordering on bi-polar, overpaid, rapidly fading Talent who has become a cancer on this team.

The Mgmnt/Ownership have tried all they can to motivate the unmotivated, and unmotivate-able. It's useless to try any more.

It's time they sit his AZZ down, and toss him into the club doghouse, throw away the key, and two years later, when his contract is finally gone, be rid of him forever and ever. Let T-Mac become an everlasting Pariah in the Houston landscape. It's what this creep deserves.

To give this LOSER the respect of even PLAYING-TIME, is ridiculous. Give Head and Wafer T-Mac's minutes. They can't do any worse than T-Mac.

If I were a player on this Houston team, I wouldn't want this drama to continue. It's too much of a distraction. The Rockets without T-Mac have enough talent to win.

Yao Ming and Ron Artest are now the #1 and #2. That's enough.

It's time to give T-Mac the Marbury treatment, and put him on permanent IGNORE. Let him sulk for 1.5 seasons, but at least he could not disrupt the team anymore with his drama. That's the only fair and just option left.

I know 22 million is a lot to swallow, but let's face it. You can't trade him. And you can't play him. It's time to sit his AZZ down PERMANENTLY.

T-Mac will cry and moan and b**** about it. TOUGH. That's the ONE thing this management has power over: TO DENY HIM PLAYING TIME.

What are your opinions?

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The Management/Ownership of Clutchfans (Clutch) should stop letting people open up new threads within 24 hours of a game.

The reality is Clutchfans are selfish, and don't really understand that their motivations are only driven by the night before.

Ultimately, in a week or two when Mac starts posting triple doubles, and Yao is in decline again, a new upstart of trade Yao threads will blossom.

Also, most clutchfans don't notice how there's already like 20 other threads addressing the very same issue, and start useless threads of their own.

3. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

This is not a useless thread. T-Mac's behavior is just cause to create such a thread. I have not seen other threads that address what are Management's options.

You can't play T-Mac.
    You can't trade T-Mac.

The only thing left is to SIT him down, and punish him. Deny him playing time. That's the only option left.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's useless in the sense that by my count there are 4 threads on the front page alone addressing this very same issue! While your comments have a degree of accuracy, their home should be in another thread.

5. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Hell no. As bad as T-Mac is, he's not nearly on Marbury level yet. He can still be a positive contributor to the team... He is a competitor, he's just reacting badly to his own horrible play.

6. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

He's a competitor? Really? Is that why the Houston Chronicle just destroyed T-Mac?

He's no competitor. Everyone knows it now. Except you T-Mac supporters.

7. Landlord Landry

5 stars. Pizza Hut wins.

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

last night was as bad as ive ever seen tmac, it's one thing to play bad as he has in the past, the difference now is a complete lack of effort, standing around and dishing the ball as soon as it's thrown to him, not trying to defend moon on that fast break, it's unacceptable and I agree, they need to sit his ass down until he gets his act straight. He's had off nights, he's had nights where you can tell he was playing hurt or not being aggressive but this is beyond any of that. He is a complete ghost on the court and you know he does not want to even be there. Something does need to happen to address this, we are playing 4 on 5 everytime he is out there. This is coming from a big tmac fan, i'm getting fed up with it.

9. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

T-Mac's attitude is beginning to affect the entire team now. Do you notice that every player is depressed?

This is not good for the team morale.

You simply cannot play T-Mac anymore.
    Nor can you trade T-Mac.

The only option is to sit him down, and allow players like Head, Von Wafer that WANT to play, to play. And allow the Team to build CHEMISTRY. They were building good chemistry until T-Mac returned, and totally wrecked it.

You need to cut out the CANCER that is T-Mac.

We don't need T-Mac. Ron Artest + Yao Ming = good enough to win. Maybe not win the Championship, but good enough to win.

10. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

Grady can have all the triple double he wants, but this guy isn't likable anymore.

11. Landlord Landry

have you noticed how lousy of a ball handler Artest is? he is a turnover machine and he doesn't follow any set plays, he totally screws this offense up unless he is parked behind the perimeter and shoots open 3's. Watching Ron Artest try to create his own shot is almost as bad as watching Tmac hustle back on defense.

Yao is also pretty clutsy, I really think the rest of the leauge has figured out a solid game plan to shut down Yao. when was the last time we saw Yao just totally dominate a game, start to finish? Golden Sate?

Yao+Ron= 50-50 chance at winning. You see heart > talent might be cool in the eyes of fans, but it's not going to rack up a bunch of wins. This epic fail by the Rockets is a total group effort, Yao is sucking ass, so is Ron, Alston, Head, Hayes, Scola in spurts, everyone is looking like trash. EVERYONE. not just Grady.

Benching Grady isn't going to change much.

12. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

Yes, I agree. T-Mac has crossed a line of no return. Even if he were to be productive, he's left such a stink that very few except the most ardent T-Mac Fan likes him anymore.

This guy is an UNLIKEABLE loser. He has no redeeming qualities as a person.

T-Mac = headcase, just like Marbury. It's time to bite the bullet, and do what is NECESSARY for this team to WIN.

T-Mac must be banished from the team. He can then no longer affect his Teammates.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Trade him to Utah

Rocket River
    . . .not that I want anything Utah has but just wanna see him and sloan on the same loser bench

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Starting Luther is not the best think lol. Dont be overly r****ded, we all know TMac sucks these days but it is better than Luther Head because you know in some games he will show up. Its still the beginning of the season. If theres a time to be struggling its around now right before the all star break.

If we cannot trade away TMac, then your best hope is to have a line up of Rafer or Brooks, Battier, Artest, Scola, and Yao starting. Bring TMac off the bench like Manu Ginobili instead of Ron Artest being in that role

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Put him on injured reserve until he has demonstrated that he is ready to play.

16. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Trade him what else you want?

I agree this guy needs to come off the bench if he is not 100% it looks more profesional imo....

It's tipical for Bullard to say "now T-Mac is not 100% and you want him coming off the bench to be in his playing form later in the season because he is not 100%"

NO it's gone way beyond that.

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Amazing that Pizza and Landlord are still this determined to keep their heads in the sand.
    McGrady is openly burning bridges at this point. I fully agree that he needs to be sent home to Florida.

"Well, we won't be much better without him" - looks like he's screwed this team either way. I'd rather support a team losing because they're outmanned but trying than the pathetic, insulting displays we've seen these past few weeks.

Evan

18. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

He needs a swift kick back into reality.

He will not be another Micheal Jordan he needs to get that mentality out of his thinking process and settle for lest.

He wants the focus to be on him so bad when he wins a championship it's got to a point now he can't get past the 1st round.

"It's on me"

" this is my team where we go is riding on my shoulders"

the 2nd quote is only half correct.

This is not his team.

The injuries have bogged him down and this is his 11th season which directly tells me don't expect any thing better then what we traded for him to be.

19. JVG>Adelman

JVG>Adelman Member

Agree 100%. Finally, another ClutchFan member that has some sense, and IQ.

20. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

What if Tmac comes back to life in Utah and makes it out of the first round at our expense? A remote possibility but I absolutely will not trade with Utah.