1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What the hell is Gatling talking about?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKMAN, Jan 2, 2001.

1. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

Read this quote from Gatling:

"We can't let guys like Carlos Rogers come in here and get 22 and 10. That's unheard of."

------------------
    RKMAN

Proud believer of the 2001 World Champion Houston Astros.

2. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I guess he forgot he's been traded more times than Los' and that Los' was a lottery pick.

------------------

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I can't disagree with him. I mean, if you were a Cleveland fan and Rogers just dropped a double double on you, you'd probably be pissed too.

------------------
    The way to use life is to do nothing through acting,
    The way to use life is to do everything through being. - Lao-Tzu

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Why in the hell was Gatling shooting 3pointers? [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That's exactly what I would say if Chris Gatling came in to Houston and got 22 and 10.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

6. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I betcha that's what they got called the technical for. I can see the conversation now....:

Gatling: Damn, how the hell you got 20-10? Scrubs like you ain't supposed to be wreckin. Know your place scrub.

Los: And who was the one that got dunked on? Oh yea, and who's leading? Me a Scrub? Ha, how many times you been traded Chris, 1,3, 5, 10?

Gatling: Say what? B*itch that's your ass!

Los:Come and get it baby!

[​IMG]

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

7. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

Exactly what I think Lil Francis, Gatling killed the Cavs down the stretch, with 3 missed 3 pointers and missed free throws. He was fouled in the 4th while shooting a three, which was a really lame call, and missed 2 of 3.
    Honestly, I think Randy Wittman made a big mistake by playing Gatling for the first 9 minutes of the 4th quarter and not Mihm. Mihm was good in the 3rd and had killed the Ron on the offensive glass all night. Mihm came in with like 3 minutes left, but he should have played way more.

------------------
    - Beck

Dream...bring back the goggles

8. OT

OT Member

Rockets R' Us - LOL. Great dialog.

------------------

9. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Chris Gatling??? Who?

------------------

10. ktfirstbsktnewmillenium

What does he mean "we". Wasn't he the one that was guarded Rogers. Carlos cleaned his clock! I mean when Gatling got a tec. out of frustration from Carlos hearting him under the boards. Gatling threw his body at Carlos. Carlos could not him sensless. What a baby. Gatling blames his team. IT WAS HIS FAULT CAUSE HE GUARDED HIM. And where does he get the right to talk like that. I mean come on, he shoots 44 percent as a big man (that stinks). He's no superstar. I'd rather have Carlos on my team then him. Gatling's three shooting and missed free throws killed them in the clutch!

------------------
    This is ktfirstbsktof01. I changed my email address, and I put it in the profile thing. I spelled it wrong, so I can't get my new password. Do you guys know how to recover the password? I can't use the forget your password? thing, cause the email address I put in is invalid. I'll use this username until I can restore my password.

11. ktfirstbsktnewmillenium

HE' PLAYED ON 8 TEAMS! Man, it's tough following where Gatling is going. I thought he was on the Cavs but I wasn't sure.

------------------
    This is ktfirstbsktof01. I changed my email address, and I put it in the profile thing. I spelled it wrong, so I can't get my new password. Do you guys know how to recover the password? I can't use the forget your password? thing, cause the email address I put in is invalid. I'll use this username until I can restore my password.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dont forget Chris Gatling made the All Star team

------------------
    "Its a good thing they don't make posters of European players"

-Walt Williams after getting "posterized" by Zan Tabak .

13. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

[​IMG]

------------------

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Actually he has...or something close to those numbers.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris Fan Club - est. 99-00

15. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

i wouldnt be surprised at all if gatling came in and got 22 and 10. He is a former all star and has a mix of post moves and a mid range jumper.

------------------
    President of the Charles Barkley fan club...Oh he retired? When?