1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Team Do you Think will upset the Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Htownballer38, Apr 14, 2013.

1. thejav

thejav Member

Houston Rockets... :cool:

2. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

3. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Fear the deer... said no one ever

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I don't think the Thunder are as bad of a matchup as people think. That series last year wasn't a rout, despite the final result. Harden didn't play well, so they basically had two stars as it was... and they were a 50/50 no call against LeBron on Durant from probably going up 2-0. Likewise, Game 4 went right down to the wire and was anyone's game in the final 3 minutes. It was a competitive series.

I definitely think OKC is a worse team without Harden and I'm not picking against Miami... but it's not inconceivable that Westbrook could get hot and give the Thunder a real shot. Especially since this time they wouldn't be Finals newbies.

If the Spurs are healthy, they might match up a little better with Miami... but I wouldn't sell OKC short. When Westbrook is on, they're the one team that has enough explosion and speed to put Miami's defense on its heels at times.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The Bobcats.

6. Jamers

Jamers Member

i hope knicks. so we can see them in the finals and blow them out in four consecutive games :grin:

7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Memphis or san Antonio with ginobili

8. macho87

macho87 Member

The team with Jesus, buddah, and dr manhattan on it.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Losing the streak was the best thing that could've happened for the Heat... since then, they've been able to rest LeBron, Wade, Bosh, etc, and guys have gotten significant minutes after riding the bench all year (Miller, Lewis)... the Heat are now fully 11 deep and that's gonna be a huge problem for everyone else...

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

None of them have a strong killer instict.

I think no one.

Bucks.. sweep.
    Then probably the Nets. They might take a game or two because of their size but I don't think they are capable.
    I'm not sure the Pacers are getting out of rd 1 vs. the Bulls, I'm not sure what's going on, they are melting. So probably the Knicks in conference finals and I don't think you can beat the Heat 4 times with a bunch of 3s. They have too much defensive talent on the perimeter.

So, Western conference. I'd give the Spurs a moderate chance, they have multiple good wing defenders and a balanced offensive system. But can they get to the Finals?

11. likestohypeguy

Weren't the cavs 2-0 on the spurs the year they were swept by them in the finals? Granted you're looking at a broader trend, just hard to tell anything it seems from regular season.

Speaking of, how healthy would the spurs be by then, if they were to make it?

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

None.

Repeat and hope the tax hit makes them break up or father time shoes up to the doorstep of some of their vets.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Frankly...no one...they look like they will repeat...too much talent...too much confidence...hard to beat a combo of those two...

14. SK34

SK34 Member

Let me give you a breakdown.

4-0 vs bucks
    4-1 vs hawks
    4-2 vs NYBrooklyn/bulls/Boston
    4-3 vs Knicks/pacers

Knicks can surprise if everyone is healthy cause they can match small also. Melo actually playing defense and rebounding like a monster.
    Pacers need offense.
    If d rose comes backs and plays then they can surprise.

Likely outcome- they lose to spurs or win it all.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Denver is the only team that can match Miami with a threat at every position to score, and a 3 point attack that will give them fits and force them out of their typical defensive scheme.

Denver is big, athletic, and fast. Combine that with their scoring prowess and the defensive intensity you saw against us, they are a scary team. George Karl has literally built a more dangerous version of the seattle super sonic of years past.

This team is a lot better than their record suggests. Right now I'd rate Miami as the number one team, and then Denver.

SA - Denver will be a great series - I predict Denver wins 4-2. So will Denver - OKC (Denver wins 4-3), and Denver - Miami (Miami Wins in 7 games).

16. dragonz

dragonz Member

Boston

or Chicago with a healthy returned Derick Rose

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Pacer, Knicks

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Knicks have a chance if Smith and Melo go Ham, and Chandler plays some good D.

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

20. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

the only team that can beat the Heat is the Heat. the way they are going, if they play there game, they will win it all again! SMH