1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What podcasts to listen to?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigMaloe, Mar 30, 2017.

1. i3artow i3aller

The only basketball podcast worth listening to. Only wish they were more frequent.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bill Burr on the Youtubes /Podcast is fricking insane

Rocket River

hakeem94 and TheRealAllpro like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

SI Open Floor absolutely. Ever since I discovered this it has become by far my favourite.
    Not only it has good analysis that doesn't get too tiring but also it's very funny with great humour.
    It helps that they support my two teams as well.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Oh Ben Golliver supports your two teams for sure but Andrew Sharp is definitely not a Rockets fan and definitely not a Kris Middleton fan.

But I'm with you. This is my favorite basketball podcast and it isn't really close. I love the Lowe Post too, but it's not as fun as Open Floor. And the thing is Open Floor does a great job of bringing you sort of the fun spirit of a podcast like the Starters while still delivering intelligent conversation and analysis. I've quit listening to the Starters because it feels like they're just doing their little bits one after another and we don't get any real conversations/analysis.

hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

haha that's what I like the most. Listening to them arguing and Sharp time and time again getting roasted.

hakeem94 and Williamson like this.
  6. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

The Joe Rogan Experience

BigShasta, BigMaloe and peleincubus like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ll have to check them out...Dunc’d On is pretty boring for me now...they don’t have any personality

hakeem94, BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Another vote for Open Floor when it comes a national podcast. Sharp and Golliver have great chemistry together which is a huge for me when it comes to podcasts. There are some that may be informative but are just a bore to listen to because its so dry. Sharp is definitely a Harden/Rockets hater who quick to parrot the same stuff that permeates most mainstream media airwaves about the Rockets. To his credit though he openly states his disdain and is quick to admit that despite his own prejudices he accepts that they are a great team.

Golliver is actually one of the most level headed analysts out there today. He gives informative takes and even though he has his own favorites and all it doesn't come off as he is pushing a player or a team. As a result it seems Golilver is a Rockets fan, but in reality he recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of the team and doesn't fall into the same trap that fans do but overrating their own team.

Its easily my favorite podcast to listen to. The Ringer podcasts aren't bad (though there a ton of people there that just hate the Rockets and just say stuff like "well I dont like the Rockets but we have to say something about them so lets get that out of the way quickly") but I really like Kevin O'Conner on there but it sucks he is paired up with Chris Vernon. I am not a fan of Vernon at all and feel O'Conner would be suited with someone else doing a podcast.

9. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Agree with all of this. The Ringer really wants to be smart, but most of their hoops people are just hipster versions of mainstream parrots, unfortunately. Kevin O' Connor is really good, though, especially considering he is only 27, I think. I often don't agree with Simmons' takes, but I still like his pod. He's a good storyteller and he, House and Sal have good personalities and chemistry and always make my drives more enjoyable.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Pardon My Take is by far the best sports podcast.

It’s mostly satire and guys goofing around. But it’s hilarious!

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

The Starters and Bill Simmons. I know he May not be popular but I love Simmons.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. dream2franchise

hakeem94, Williamson and BigMaloe like this.
  13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Idk why but I just never would try si open floor but will def give it a listen tomorrow.

Will add that during the playoffs I’ve enjoyed listening to other teams locked on podcasts. It’s good getting the other sides perspective. The warriors guy is horrible tho. My lord he’s bad, and that has nothing to do with my dislike for the warriors.

malakas and hakeem94 like this.
  14. arubato

arubato Member

First take and Undisputed.

Just kidding, both are garbage :D

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Updated other ones to add......
    -Locked on NBA with David Locke
    -ESPN's Basketball Collective (which used to be True Hoop).
    -Woj Podcast
    -Russillo Podcast
    -Full 48 with Howard Beck.

dmoneybangbang and hakeem94 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Moise Kapenda.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

I listen to a lot of podcasts and radio at work, but here are the NBA related ones I usually listen to at least once a week or whenever they post a new one:
    - Locked on Rockets
    - Locked on NBA (and whatever team podcast that we're playing at the time)
    - Jalen and Jacoby
    - The Ringer (some days, but I get annoyed when they bring in panelist that have barely watched the Rockets or other teams)
    - Clutchfans Podcast
    - Red Nation Hoops
    - Red 94 (when it's active...)

Although this is not a podcast, SiriusXM NBA Radio is worth the subscription to SiriusXM each month during the season (and they have episodes on demand on their app in case you miss one). My favorite shows on the network are NBA Today, and Out of Bounds, but I typically listen to all of the shows each week. It's national coverage but most of them know their stuff which is refreshing.