1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What NBA team should I follow, after the grizzlies and I parted ways.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jun 10, 2013.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

I bet What wishes he hadn't created this thread, lol!

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What a troll

3. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

This is What happens when you're a bandwagon fan

4. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lol at the list of possible new teams

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Pretty funny post in retrospective. ATL, CLE, GSW, MEM, LAC, and WAS are 6/8 teams still alive. Houston and Chicago are the only teams not included.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What??

Whaaaaat????

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

according to another thread he can't pick Lebron's team.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Well..I don't find it this thread funny at all. It sure looks funny now but it only shows how things change in just two years. All the things posted in the original posts ringed true at the time to most NBA fans.

And though I don't like people changing teams sometimes it's understandable to stop rooting for your team for a time out of principle and as a protest. You can't change the owner. Imagine if you were all Kings fans now and the butt of every other NBA fan and you saw your owner trade Cousins.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No, it's not understandable. You root for your team through thick and thin. You may protest by not supporting them financially (e.g. going to games), but you never give up on your team.

deadlybulb likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mods,

Can we make this thread a sticky?

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The reason it is funny for a lot of us is because the OP talks massive trash about the Rockets and kicks them whenever he's down.

It's important for people to realize that he's a bandwagon fan and thus by rules of international fandom is not allowed to trash talk loyal fans.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I think some folks in the GARM need to read your post

1 person likes this.
  15. what

what Member

LOLOLOLOLOLO

damn, this made me spew coke out my nose!

Rep'd

16. RedNation97

RedNation97 Member

Hope he went to the T-Wolves because he's 'such a big Kevin Love fan'. Probably jumped straight on the Cavs Wagon.

17. malakas

malakas Member

I have no idea who is the original poster. I thought people found funny what he said in the first post about the teams- which all turned out to be wrong. BUT at the time when he posted it that was the feelings of most NBA fans about these teams. It shows that things can quickly change in the NBA.

Yes you do in some cases when it goes against your principles. 3 years now I refuse to support my own greek team, the one I grew up since I was a child supporting it, because the new owner is a hooligan thug drug addict. I have stopped watching alltogether because he brings shame to me having to support this *******. I am not going to support another team but I just refuse to watch or even call myself a fan of this team until he goes. It pains me because I did support my club even when we were rock bottom and had to defend it to all my family and friends, but NOW it is against my principles.
    If I grew up being a Clippers fan I would refuse to support the Clippers until Sterling sold. The NBA was lucky that they could throw him out.

Sports and teams and clubs give us an identity but this identity and solidarity you feel with fellow fans isn't above the identity I have as a person,and the principles I have from my family, to demand dignity and good sportmanship.
    I'm sorry but fans can make a choice and the choice can be to leave. We are not blind sheep to follow every thug and scumbag owner just because they were rich and got the chance to buy with dirty money our beloved team.
    When they go , we will happilly go back and support it again because it is in our heart.

18. likestohypeguy

What people are finding funny is that he made this huge deal about officially jumping ship, and now when things are going well is suddenly beating his chest again, pretending this never happened.

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TWLMrUcMZuo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You guys are funny for picking on what. Our own fan base has plenty of fans just like him flooding the GARM at any hint of rockets' "failure" so they can beat their chest and claim they are so much more enlightened than the "sheep" (i.e. what some of you just described as "real" fans) fans.

That's all fine to most of you.

But when a fan of another team does the same thing it's hilariously dumb. At least he actually stuck by his team even after this dumb thread and likes them unlike a lot of our "fans" who care more about being right about how much the team sucks than actually rooting for the team.

#120 DudeWah, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015