1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What NBA team should I follow, after the grizzlies and I parted ways.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jun 10, 2013.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

They got farther than they did with Gay. Even if you argue that Gay would have helped against the Spurs, they got swept. So Gay alone is the difference b/t being swept and actually winning the series as well as the next one after that? Seriously?

As far as Hollins. They won a 2nd round series. Big deal. Coaches don't really matter that much in the NBA, or rather only a select few do. I think that is finally being realized in the last couple of years by execs. Had they won a championship and then let him go, that would be a different story. But they really didn't come close to that.

2. Classic

Classic Member

3. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Just curious as to why you left the Rockets off of that list, considering you have been a member of this site for a little while. If you don't consider yourself a Rocket's fan, why are you here? How many other fan sites do you belong to?

As per your question. Just watch the games man. No need to draw a line in the sand. Just watch and enjoy.

4. PSSSHHHRRR87

PSSSHHHRRR87 New Member

The Grizzlies got rid of Hollins not because he is a bad coach but because he and Hollinger had a huge difference of opinion. Hollinger is HUGE in using advanced stats that blew way over Hollins head. Hollins is too old school for the type of team Hollinger wants so bye, bye Hollins and thanks but no thanks. Word is that Randolph is likely gone too (interested Rocket fans?).

And some fan you are. Why don't you just become a teamless bandwagoner and just go for winners if you can't be with your team through hard, confusing times... I've been a fan of one of the biggest laughing stocks in the league for over twenty years, but I have stayed true to MY Hawks.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

interesting idea.

first, i would eliminate teams that never win / can't afford it. after all, there is no point rooting if they will never win. (atl, cle, cha, den, gsw, mem, mil, min, njn, nop, nyk, orl, sac, tor, lac, uta, was) that's more than half the league.

next, i would eliminate the frontrunners / teams that always win. what's the fun if you know you're going to win once every few years. there's no drama or satisfaction, and everyone will doubt you're a real fan and assume you're a bandwagon fan, and you would be. (bos, lal, sas, mia)

then, i would eliminate any remaining teams that don't have a superstar / potential superstar, or their superstar is too old and on the decline. no sense rooting for a team to tank. (dal, den, det, phi, pho)

the following teams have a history of being competitive, ownerships willing to spend to win, and young franchise players. (chi, hou, ind, okc, por) get in now and tell everyone 'i told you so!' later.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Whatever team griner plays for.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

You know, when you phrase it that way- it becomes really evident how ****ty the NBA is.

I've put way too much investment into this stupid league.

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

9. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

haha this is gold :grin:

10. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Pick the Bobcats, they have those intense rivalries you valued as a Griz fan.

11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

What the hell are you even doing on a Rockets fan page? Seriously.

12. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

being a loser

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Hopefully you didn't pick the Raptors... :p

Although I love watching them right now.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol what

16. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Biggest joke I've seen on this site

- What

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

damn you're gonna get flamed for this gaffe lol

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member