1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what kind of day are you having?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Voice of Reason, Aug 12, 2003.

1. The Voice of Reason

life

the funniest thing

the hardest thing

its 9:32AM Tuesday morning, I am at work sitting at my desk. Every time my phone rings I end up crying.

at 8:00 this morning I found out that from a co worker that another co-worker had died in a car accident.

not just a co worker but the son of the business owners.
    a friend, a very good friend. a team mate, my team mate.
    My brother and I work for a family. it is totally a family business. the whole company spends time togeher as though we are part of the owners family.
    Today I had to call my brother and tell him to stay home today. and that his friend was no more. I had to call the 5 uys that work under me and tell them. now my paintball friends are calling me.

Kris was driving back to see his girlfriend because it was their anniversary. He was in Tennesee filming a scene for a movie where his band is in a club. his band was to be on the sound track.
    this was to be the best weekend of his short 21 years.

I wrote this post not because I want your sympathies. I dont and I am sure his parents and closest friends would need them most. I wrote this because of all my friends he is the brightest beacon of life and energy. This kid is fun and funny. he lights up the room and I honestly wish I could affect as many people as him in a positive way.

now do me a favor and click on this link for his band. he is the drummer

and click on the link in my signature his name is Kris

http://www.jesseblaze.com/frames.html
    http://www.hanta-force.com

now go live your life and make sure you dont get wraped up in all the little negative things out there. appreciate what you have even if it does'nt seem like much

PEACE

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

sorry about the bad news, guy. :(

i try.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm saddened for you and your friend's family VOR.

+

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm having a typical, uneventful work day as are countless millions of others sitting in their cubicles/offices wishing they were someplace else but not wishing they were in a car accident with an unenviable outcome. Sorry about your co-worker/friend. :(

5. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Very sorry for your loss.

6. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Very sad for your loss. It's like the world stops, isn't it? Tough to put to words.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

My sincere condolences...:(

I truly hope your day, week & month get better...

I'm having an ok day, but not sure how it'll end, although I do need to do some laundry..

I about to eat, so it can't be all that bad...

8. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

TVOR,

Very sorry to hear about your loss. They don't know me, but please extend an anonymous condolence to your friend's family.

This reminds me of my birthday in 2001, when I received a call from the brother (James) of my best friend in law school. I knew there was no reason that James would call me unless something was wrong with my friend. I was in my office working on typical stuff. The phone rings. I remember the short call like it was yesterday:

"This is David.

David. [pause]. This is James. [very awkward low tone]

Sh-t James, what happened?!

[long pause]. He's gone. [long pause]. Zack's gone.

[long pause]. [quietly] Oh my god. How . . . What . . . Are you okay?

I'm fine. I wasn't involved in the accident. Lori's (Zack's wife) is gone too.

Oh, man. [long pause. total shock]. Are you okay to tell me what happened?

Car accident. The car rolled over and Zack and Lori were thrown from the car. Olivia (their 18 day old daughter) is okay.

James, I'm so sorry. Please tell your mom and sister how sorry I am. Thanks for calling me.

Zack always spoke highly of you so I figured I should call. I'll call back with funeral arrangements.

Thanks. I'm sorry James."

TVOR, Zack was the first in his family to get a college degree. He managed to do well enough to get into Texas Law School, one of the top 20 in the country. He didn't do particularly well in law school, but managed to get his law degree and pass the bar. He dated Lori since high school, and would not marry her until he could take care of her financially. After law school, he landed a decent job and they moved back to corpus. As for Lori, she never had a family of her own to lean on, so she poured her heart into loving Zack. They were one of the best looking couples I have ever seen. Shortly after they moved back to corpus, he asked her to be his wife and they were happily married. They were quickly blessed with a child, Olivia. All Lori ever wanted to be was a mom. For the first 18 days of Olivia's life, Lori got to live out her dream of being Zack's wife and Olivia's mom. I still have a hard time imagining Zack being physically injured. He was 6-6, 240, a hulk of a guy that played some college football.

My whole life, I have worried about tomorrow. I have worried about saving for the future, so that my family won't be poor again. I have worried about doing well in my job, advancing in my career, so that my family will be financially secure. I think the best way to remember our friends is to learn from them. I still struggle with this but Zack's death reminds me that tomorrow is not guaranteed and, everyday, we should take care of those that matter the most. Last year, my wife and I took a trip that I would have never agreed to because of cost. But I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and thought of Zack often.

I don't know why, but I thought that you might benefit from hearing this story. My sincere condolences to you for your loss.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm truly sorry for your loss, TVOR.

Actually I found out this morning that my trumpet player's mother passed away overnight from a heart attack. I've known the family for 15 years. Life is truly precious and so are the ones we love.

I think I'll call my mother tonight.... :(

10. The Voice of Reason

thanks for the story

I am the only person in the office today.
    I saw his uncle today and we talked and cried a while

then his cousin who was raised in the same house with him and was currently his boss and more of a brother came in. that was really tough to see. all these paople are friends of mine and we are all I guess angry.

his cousin asked me to go for a ride with him.
    we went to the place Kris always went to pick up breakfast. I got what he picked up for me every day, and his cousin got what Kris ate. we always ate breakfast at the same table every day and BS for a while. I coundnt sit at that table today its so hard being here.

I went and sat at his desk for a bit before. he has an awsome picture of him and my brother on his wall that just kills me I love them both so much. and they are so happy in that picture.

Kris should have been with us in the deli, he shouls have pinched my nipple this morning or poked me in the ribs. he should have been at that table with his big smile a bearhug and a joke.

I guess he always will
    I gotta get out of here

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Heartbreaking VOR, simply heartbreaking. :(

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

VOR,

You have my sincerest condolences. I would also like for you to tell his family that he and them are in an "anonymous" friend's prayers.:(

RIP, Kris

++++