1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of a "Rocket" fan are you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CompaqC, Jan 18, 2004.

?

What kind of a "Rocket" fan are you?

1. Rocket Fan

94 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Houston Fan

82 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. Yao-Only Fan

61 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

I'm a Rockets fan. Does it really matter?

2. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

It does. Everyone on this bbs needs a label or needs to be labelled.

3. fanwq

fanwq Member

I became Rockets fan more ten years ago when Rockets won their first NBA chimpion lead by Dream with his dream footwork and all round shooting skills.In 1995 Rockets overcame all difficulities and rewon the title.After Steve joined the Rockets,I am very excited and impressed with his powerful dunk.
    Now I am happy that Yao became Roc'srole player with Steve.I am confident that Roc will win the NBA title in the coming years with Yao and Stve under JVG.
    I am a Fan for both of Rockets and Yao.

4. robbarnett

robbarnett Member

Cool, then I guess I am a ROF. Does that mean I have to hate Yao or Stevie?

5. fanwq

fanwq Member

I were very happy when Rockets could perform their skills in Beijing.
    I am still happy even if I can not watch the game in the live.
    Go! Rockets.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I prefer this one...circulates better.

[​IMG]

8. disney

disney Member

Great observer,LOL!

as for me,sometimes i got confused.Im Chinese.to be honest,i come here because of Yao,but he loves the tree loves the branch!i know Rox little by little,love Rox bit by bit, as time goes on.Rox win im excited,and if not,im frustrated.it seems that im a ROF.but according to Mr Clutch's definement of YOF,if Yao left Rox the fan would leave.in that case,u can label me as a YOF.
    ;)

9. dfoolz

dfoolz Member

I am Rocket fan. I hate the astros and I am glad they wont ever win a thing. I was an oilers fan but now titans.I would root for the rockets if they moved.

10. rvpals

rvpals Member

All of the above.

I become a Rockets fan after the dream and the Rox won the championship. I lost interest after Dream retired and then Rox become irelevent for a while. The night when Rockets get the no.1 pick and the night they drafted Yao Ming, I feel this is the change that's going to bring a title back to Houston.

To answer your question, if Yao moves on to another team, I would probably follow him on the other team but remain a Rockets fan. I just can't imagine Rockets without Yao and still being able to draw Fans with Francis and co.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You are a fool and a knave...

and you dont know jackcrap about Rockets fans.

The reason why there are no SF only fans is because that is the label that YOFs madeup to call people who support the team when the YOFs constantly sriticize the guards.

Those people are Rockets fans...there are very few that would quit watching the Rockets if Steve left.

The majority of the longtime posters here would continue to support the Rockets if they had a team full of scrubs. I know I would...I know a handful of guys I have met thru here that woudl also..

Keep painting with that bigass brush....:rolleyes:

12. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

A typical hostile, arrogant SOF's response. Need I say more. :rolleyes:

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

One and two.
    I've been both for so long that I don't know how I could possibly be anything else.

14. PumperX

PumperX Contributing Member

Believe what you believe..........

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Pumper and gotolove,

this is the last time I will speak to either of you whiny little punks since you are about to have new places of honor on my now extensive ignore list...

but my record speaks for itself on the issue of what kind of fan I am and who I support

What does yours say?

I thought so....

bye bye children..have a nice day.

W.T.M.I.L.

or as its known around Usenet.....

PLONK

16. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Not to interrupt a perfectly good flame war but for all our sakes lets hope it doesn't come to this.

I'm dating myself here but I remember the early 80's after Moses Malone left and before we got Sampson when the Rox pretty much were a bunch of scrubs and it wasn't fun. :(

17. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

YAO ONLY FAN FOR LIFE

jp/ I would have to go with Rocket/Houston fan

Rockets come first, but If they did move and we got a new team, Well then The new team would be my love.:D

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So do I. Tough times, right? And I was still a fan.
    It's OK to love a particular player, no matter what team he's on. Bird, Magic and so many others. But I hated their teams because they weren't the Rockets. In a way, I feel very sorry for those who don't love a team and only follow certain players. But not too sorry. It's their loss.

19. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I agree if Steve Francis was traded I could care less because I know that Steve is a great player and we can get another great player in return as long as it would help the Rockets get closer to a title.

The Rockets record could be 20-62 but as long as Yao posts 32ppg 16rpg and 7bpg its all good :rolleyes:

Another thing, the whole idea of a SOF is ridiculous! He doesn't even have the same outreach that Yao has.

20. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Exactly!
    I was thinking the same thing but its so difficult to put my thoughts into words.