1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What kind of a "Rocket" fan are you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CompaqC, Jan 18, 2004.

?

What kind of a "Rocket" fan are you?

1. Rocket Fan

94 vote(s)
    39.7%
  2. Houston Fan

82 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. Yao-Only Fan

61 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

I haven't started a thread in quite a while. But i was curious to know what kind of Rocket fans we have over here. Alot of the people over here are Rocket fans due to their devosion to the city of Houston, some are fans of the TEAM, and the rest are basically Yao-Only fans.

Allow me to explain further.....

So let's say for example, the Rockets moved elsewhere, and Houston got a new franchise, would you still support the Rockets of the other city? if yes, then you're a "Rocket" fan.

If you would support the new Houston team then you're a devoted Houston fan.

And, well, I dont need to explain what Yao-only fans are.

Am curious to know some of your replys so post what kind of a fan you are?

2. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

3. CompaqC

CompaqC Member

LOL!

very insightful....thank you :D

4. ckfol

ckfol Member

If sina/rocket fans gets hold a of this, Clutch BBS will be shut down for a few days.

5. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

a fan that loves to watch the games on tv

and catches the occasional game in person :)

6. mrwriter

mrwriter Member

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

All of the above.

8. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I would be a Houston fan I guess...but also a Rockets fan. I do like Yao but I also like Stevie, Cat, JJ, Boki and the rest of the team. If the Rockets would move I would still be a fan because I've been watching them for so long.

9. PumperX

PumperX Contributing Member

How come there is no Steve only fan?

Without Yao and Steve in the team, I will not care about the Rox that much. I think I am Yao-and-Steve-only fan for now.

If the the roster is like Troy Bell,Speedy Claxton,Torraye Braggs, Obinna Ekezie,Jahidi White, will those who claim they are Houston fan still love the Rox as much as they do right now? I think not. I think everyone will all support Rox but in different scales depends on some star players in the team and how they perform on the court.

In short, I think the majority fans should be something like Yao-only-Rocket fan or Steve-only-Rocket fan or Cat-only-Rocket fan. Or the mix of above.

Of course, if you will still support 100% about the roster I listed above, no doubt you are a Rocket-only fan. But the chance is pretty low I guess.

10. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Both the Rockets Fan & YOF. Just not the Houston fan.:D

--daoshi

11. SHANGHAi

SHANGHAi Member

A Rocket fan and Houston fan... I'd support the new and old team =)

12. PumperX

PumperX Contributing Member

by the way, since I will not support the rox if they move, and I wil not love rox as much as right now if roster sucks, that leaves me no other choice but Yao only fan. So I vote YOF....

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

POF - Powerdancer Only Fan.

14. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

None of the above. I'm a Center-only-fan. :D
    It all started with the rivalry between Sampson and Ewing in collegiate basketball. So it's only natural for me to begin following the Rocket when Sampson was drafted. The bond could have only gotten stronger when Dream also became part of the team. I didnt get much of a chance to follow my favorite team, or NBA basketball in general, due to new demands in my career past few years. The arrival of Yao has ignited my love for this team again, especially now I could watch every game on my DirectTV. So I guess I am really a Center-only-fan.

15. FadeAway_Dreams

Definitely a rockets fan. There will always be players on the team that I may not care for or I think maybe play like morons but I'll always support the team as a whole.

16. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Considering you're on this forum you must have a split personality. ;)

Just kidding.

As for me I'm a Houston fan but if the Rox moved I would probably still root for them until Houston got another NBA franchise and even then I might still root for them as long as current Rox where on the team. The same situation I'm in with the Titans.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I am a huge fan of our current players, but overall I am a Houston Sports Fan.

Like when the Dream went to Toronto I didn't watch any of his games because of him. Same with all the other past players who left. I was a big fan of Posey, but when he left I don't care about him anymore.

I guess a prime example would be the Titans. I don't care for their team anymore like I did when they were the Oilers. Now I am a Texan fan only.

So...I guess I would support the new team. I only follow the pro Houston teams (of all sports).

18. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

I'm the Kind of fan that cecks out this website and the rockets website everyday.

19. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

So your a Jazz fan now :eek:

20. ymc

ymc Member

Is ClutchFans a Houston-only site or a Rockets-only site?