1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What is your Realistic Target for a taxpayer MLE free agent this offseason.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, May 28, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Imo there's no way Ariza isn't getting at least 5/6M. He didn't have a good season but he played in the two worst teams in the league, bad rosters and disfunctional teams/organizations, wouldn't read too much into his numbers, someone is going to pay a solid 3&D guy with championship experience like Trevor.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Too bad Sacrificial Lamb is above 5-6 million. Guys averaging 15 and 5.5 boards.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, but it seems like Pat is going to command much more money than expected so, i wouldn't hold my breath on him coming back, other guys like Aminu are all good names for us, but Blazers can pay him if they want, other teams will likely be able to offer more so, wouldn't hold my breath on us gettin ghim either, same thing for JaMaychal and others like Oubre, Brook Lopez, Portis...i think we might have a chance with guys like DeAndre, Dedmon, Ariza, Redick, Morris, Jefferson, maybe Rivers...

RocketTheory likes this.
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Ariza May target 9.2m, but 5.7m is possible.

5. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

I really feel nobody can come an bring an impact such as Pat, if nobody is left on this team,but Harden,Tucker,House & Pat that's solid foundation to start..

6. RocketTheory

RocketTheory Member

We cant go backwards with that..

7. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Good find on the GS article. We should be looking at all of them as well. Any of these guys could step right in to a starting role.

Mike Scott 6’8”, over 40% on 3’s

Reggie Bulluck, 6’5”, shot over 40% on 3’s, and has better handles than EG

Darius Miller, 6’8” wing that shot 41% from beyond the arc a year ago and dipped to just under 38% this year. Good defender.

JaMycal Green, 6’9” kid that shot 40% on 3’s but not a great defender.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh i get what you're saying, but i'd still take Trevor over some unproven players with little to no upside, which is what we might very well end up with.

RocketTheory likes this.
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Bulluck wants to be a starter for GS.
    Others may demand 3years 30 mil. Tilman May consider 1year.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like Aminu and JAM Green over PatPat.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Miller and Green, other 2 will not improve our D.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

SIZE, SIZE, & More size please!

13. 713Genius

713Genius Member

but wouldn’t the 76ers not reach that apron level because of the amount of cap they have? Also, rockets have trade exceptions to add correct?

14. Kornel87

Kornel87 Member

A.Rivers, JaMaychal Green and Ellington are ideal.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Can Ellington play D though? If he's just a more smart Gerald Green i think i'd pass on him, unless he comes at the vet minimum. Rivers and JaMaychal would be good/great, but at least for Green i don't see it, i think West will try to resign him and other teams would eventually offer more than us anyway.

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

In that scenario, the Sixers aren't hard capped so it wouldn't matter even if they exceeded the apron. It just means that you pay luxury tax at a higher rate. If you're hard capped, then you can't exceed the apron for any reason.

The Rockets do have several trade exeptions. I believe that the largest is $3.6M from the Criss trade. Though you can't simply aggregate a trade exception along with other players.

What you're probably thinking of is a special case where the CBA allows a team to consider their side of a trade as several smaller trades. Let's say that I'm sending out a player and receiving $10M in total salary in return and that it's two players, one making $3M and one making $7M. Rather than considering it as a single trade with $10M coming back, a team could view their side of the deal as two trades. One for a $7M player and one for a $3m player. In that scenario, you could use a $3M trade exception to cover the player with the $3M salary.

So, if this proposed trade had us receiveiving a player that made less than our $3.6M trade exception, then we could use the trade exception in the deal. That could be useful but it doesn't help us cover any of Butler's salary. Make sense?

mikol13 and BaselineFade like this.
  17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

I think its worth noting Jamychal Green is trash.

Saw his plus minus stats and analytics, thought it was bc of playing on trash Memphis(awful assumption, anytime a bad team dumps a player, he player is almost always horrible).

I watched his entire series against GS and he was HORRIBLE. One of the most low IQ players ive seen.

Deadley corner 3 point shooter but awful at passing, and making the correct plays. Horrific defender. Always out of position. He fouled Kevin Durant 3 straight possessions on 3pters i think in game 4. Got called for only two.

Averages a foul out per 36. Doesnt box out though he can snag rebounds decently.

Had like the 4th lowest RPM in the ENTIRE LEAGUE at the PF position. A significant negative.

Jamychal averages over 5 fouls per 36 and less than 1 block and 1 steal per 36.

Sanity2disChaos and hakeem94 like this.
  18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Big fan of Brooke Lopez's game. I think he'd be the perfect backup C to Capela that could stretch the floor with his 3s and still be serviceable on D clogging the paint. Might even be able to pair twin tower combo with certain match ups. Don't think the Bucks are gonna let him slip away or do the Rockets any favors but he fits perfectly in the Bucks 3s and lay ups style of offense which is similar to the Rockets, is actually 7'0 and has a great 3 pointer. Not sure if can be had or is even worth the MLE but I think he was a dark horse reason for why the Bucks won 60 games last season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

He's definitely going to get more than 5.7M, but he wouldn't come here to backup another player anyway.

mikol13 likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If we could trade capela to Boston for smart + pick rerouted to philly for butler I'd target DAJ for the mle. He may been crazy enough to take the tmle for a houston discount.

If we dont do a big trade I'd target Aminu, jamychal, Thaddeus, bogdanovich

joshuaao likes this.