1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Your Most Memorable Commercial During ROX Games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EGYPT, Mar 8, 2007.

1. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

Good or bad, which commercials have stuck in your heads while watching ROX basketball. In recent years I remember the Reliant's boring guy, Moochie norris in the metro bus, the guy that all he did was laugh during the commercial and several other automobile commercials.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

The southwest airlines commercial when the mailman airballs the basketball in front of the couple and it hits their garage window.

3. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Haha...I remember that.

4. Wangdoodle

Wangdoodle Member

Most memorable, to me, means the first one that immediately comes to mind....
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H02iwWCrXew"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H02iwWCrXew" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

My current favorite, however, is....
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kVVSmnnqfvc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kVVSmnnqfvc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Long time ago (Olajuwon years) there was a rockets commerical where a guy was listening to a rockets game on top of a building that went something like this:

Radio Announcer: Final seconds of the game here, rockets with the ball and a chance to win the game.
    the guy listening is visibly tense and sweating profusely
    Radio Announcer: ...he dribbles down the court, 3 seconds now 2...
    the guy listening is reacting at every number as the clock winds down
    Radio Announcer: ..1 second, at the buzzer ---
    the guy listening appears to be about to faint
    Radio Announcer: and he missed it.
    the guy listening throws up his hands in agony
    the guy listening: That's it! I can't take it anymore!
    guy listening takes a ball and chain and attaches it to his leg and throws it off the building
    Radio Announcer: But wait, he was fouled!
    The guy listening looks at the camera, dumbfounded...

Narrator voice: Thanks for sticking with us, rockets fans.

6. MC74

MC74 Contributing Member

The one that really sticks out in my mind was the K-Y Ultra Gel Personal Lubricant commercial. Good stuff there. :D

7. trea

trea Contributing Member

The one with Cuttino and Moochie at the children's museum where Cuttino says "Check out my magic Moo!"

8. agentkirb

agentkirb Member

Gotta go with the one where Yao is hanging out with that family and he blocks that kids shot in the arcade.

But in terms of generic commercials, I'd have to say Gieco is the winner. I just love to see that pissed off smirk that the caveman gives when he finds out that someone is making fun of him.

9. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Yao and Cuttino in the grocery store. :D

10. one blood

one blood Member

theres a guy watching the rockets game on tv and A rockets player does something good(i dont remember what) and the guy calls his friend and says, "DID YOU SEE THAT DID YOU SEE THAT DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!?!" really really fast.i loved that one.

11. one blood

one blood Member

and it was in a really really high pitched voice ^^^so funny

12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

HAHAHA I REMEMBER THAT ONE

that was a classic

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

personal favorite is Fake Step Guy

current day ones has to go to Yoga Girl

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aCjdvOxaGMI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aCjdvOxaGMI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

there is no audio since it isnt the audio that makes me laugh. Its the expression on her face when the creepy spaceman guy wraps his legs around his head

and the classic "want to get away?" commercial where the lady breaks the medicine cabinet while poking around in it.

14. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

That's the one.

15. ShakeYoHipsYao

Haha, I remember this one.

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

first off that Yoda chick is HOT! I messed with Miguel if he knew her, before he left Time Warner.

as far as fav. commercials, i love the one that was mentioned already about the they about to kill himself, but the one I remember was WAY back in the early 90's where they had a Texas State Optical commercial and they named a bunch of optometrists that were local, and I swear they showed that CONSTANTLY during Rockets games that, get this, by like mid season, I stated every doctor by memory.

as for annoying, the FSN Soccer commercial where he bounces his ball all day is getting REALLY annoying to me.

17. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS

TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS

(ok, maybe that was Astros games...****ers...they have RADIO ads now :mad:)

18. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I love these caveman ads! just classic! but the one that come to my mind is the toyota thundra ads! and I gotta giv em props thundra came a long way and is now competative!

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

the Shane Battier Peak commercial is probably the funniest thing I've seen in a while

20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet