1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the determination of Rocket's success 2007?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tomjc, Feb 26, 2008.

?

What measures our success 2007?

1. Get out of 1st round

31 vote(s)
    43.7%
  2. Get out of 2nd round

16 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Win more games than last year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Championship?

24 vote(s)
    33.8%
  1. tomjc

tomjc Member

People have different ways of measuring success. What I do know is that the team will probably look a LOT different next year if Rocket's don't make it out of the first round again. Having said that, what constitutes a successful season 2007?

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I'd say if we can get out of the first round, we have a good chance to go all the way.

I hate to compare us to the Mavs, but just like Dirk that year, I believe if Mac is out of the first round and that monkey is off his back he is going to be SCARY GOOD all the way to a title. Dirk was even clutch at moments during their attempted run at a title and we all know that guy is one of most anti clutch players ever....

But its still an IF to get out of first round, but I really want to see a ring within next 2-3 years that would = success to me, doesn't have to be this year, but I believe if we get out of 1st round I like our chances of going whole way.

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

althought the final target will be winning the big one, but everyone was hoping to get Rox to the 2nd round. Hence i think its reaching the Conference Finals will only be consider a success, while anything lower than a 2nd round will be deem as failure.

4. RocketTilIDie

RocketTilIDie Member

07-08 CHAMPS!!! :D

5. kcagbor321

kcagbor321 Member

as much as i wanna say championship we gotta take it 1 step at a time and get out the first FRICKIN round

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

how devastating would it be to have this reg. season success and lose in the first round again? i think i might go into depression mode for months :(