1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Hillary Clinton doing?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JuanValdez, Jun 1, 2017.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I keep seeing her mug on the interminable silent news shows on my work TVs. And the banner on the Clinton News Network: "Excuses Tour" (ouch). I'll admit I could perhaps form an answer by simply reading more, but I have a visceral distaste for reading articles about Clinton. She's on a tour saying she accepts responsibility for whatever mistakes but that it was Comey's fault she lost. I don't care about the loss, but I wonder what's her objective in getting back into the headlines, and how does a post-mortem on her loss (and deflecting blame) help accomplish that objective? It seems to me like she's a singularly bad spokesperson for what went wrong in the 2016 election. Is that not obvious to her?

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

She won the popular vote. She is mostly liked by Democrats. The Democratic Party lacks national leaders. There are probably quite a few Trump voters wanting a do-over now after trumps' first 100 days. She is not running for office again. I do not see a downside for being a national spokesperson for the Democratic party.

BTW, I strongly suspect that Hilary can give an hour speech, covering a whole range of topics, and the lead story would be the one mention she gave of the 2016 election. Incompetent MSM is incompetent.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

B-Bob likes this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's refreshing to get her actually being candid and honest about what she believes rather than her normal speaking in circles or over explaining in order to be PC as hell because she cares about being picked apart(formerly one of her bigger flaws).

I don't disagree with her on many of her points here (although of course she is blamed for being a crappy candidate with baggage), and to hell with the people who think she owes them her humility. She certainly doesn't owe the GOP her humility. If Hillary owes America her undying humility than what does Trump owe us since he's actually a public servant being paid off of our tax dollars??

That all being said I wish she either would stop doing public appearances or would stop being covered like she's the voice of liberals around the globe. The world needs to hear more from the likes of the Kamala Harris', Jason Kander, Corey Bookers, etc. The Democrats need to come up with some serious strategy to get the media to cover those guys more and get CNN/Fox etc to stop covering every damn thing Hillary says and wrestling over it with right wingers for days.

The biggest flaw the Dems have going into 2018 and 20 is they are covered like everyone in the party lives in an old folks home and it's the same 5 or 6 people you've known and the GOP has hated for years.

Hakeemtheking and B-Bob like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Especially since it gives Fox news and talk radio producers something to talk about since they can't talk about failed tax, healthcare, immigration programs and anything to do with Russia and Trump...

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Sadly, I don't think this could be further from the truth.

There is another bbs that I troll that is based in Kingwood and 95% Trump supporters. There is a 6 page thread talking about how proud they are of him for dropping out of the climate agreement. They think the Russia stuff is just fake news and they're just happy that Trump is pissing people off. As if that's what a President is supposed to do.

DudeWah, R0ckets03 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

And it was the right who was accused of bringing her up and not letting go of the election even though CNN and other sites kept talking about her daily.

No, I still dont want Hillary over Trump. Trump is accomplishing very little which his fine by me. If you're going to ask me to pick between two shitty candidates, I will go with the one who will accomplish nothing.

I honestly dont care what Hillarys motives are. She is old and she is washed up. She lost to friggen Trump, who was no better and no worse than before the election. Everyone needs to distance themselves from her. To continue to support her only shows how backwards people are. There are much much better candidates out there. Get her off news once and for all.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

All during the election I kept hearing about choosing "the lesser of two evils". You're one sentence sums it up much better. :)

(I didn't vote for either, but I am also disappointed in my write-in candidate)

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think it's high time that all Democrats take off the kid gloves and mercilessly ream and ridicule this ill-equipped, incompetent buffoon.

Once they take off the kid gloves they can give them to the buffoon since they fit his hands so well.

They need to covfefe the covfefe out of that covfefer.

CometsWin likes this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Duly noted on MSM. But really, is this her objective? To provide the party national leadership? I mean, I agree she's qualified -- truly national in reputation, garnered many votes, smart, experienced, poised (I don't at all buy the crappy candidate theory) -- but I also think she r****ds the development of the party by continuing to be in leadership. Despite her qualifications, she's also severely handicapped by a 20-year defamation campaign, an association with 2 electoral failures, and sadly old age. She might be wanting to make sure to shape the future of the party to her vision, but as long as she keeps sucking all the oxygen out of a room, the party isn't going to be able to make progress toward a post-Clinton era.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I'm thinking about Obama voters who voted for Trump. I am thinking about out of work coal miners who still don't have work (with few prospects) and who are scared that the Republicans are going to take their Medicaid away.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

I see a big downside. The Dems need to flush Hillary. New blood is needed badly. Hillary is not doing the Dems any favors by complaining about the DNC either. She just needs to fade away. Pronto.

Hillary as national spokesperson? The Dems can do better.

Hey Now! and R0ckets03 like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Basically she can't accept that she was such a terrible candidate that she lost to Donald F'n Trump and is going on an "excuses tour" in order to try and spin things in the hopes that she can rehab her image. Of course, she'd be doing Democrats a favor if she just went away or if she actually accepted blame for losing the election due to her own stupid actions and stop blaming others but that's too much to expect from her. She continues to prove why she's such a garbage politician that she can't even beat Donald Trump.

Space Ghost likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

At what point should Democrats be focused on leadership

Warren still doesn't seem to want that role

16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Not everyone will make a good leader, people should know their limitations, something Trump obviously does not know. If she does not think she is the right leader for Democrat party, they need to look elsewhere.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't disagree. Democrats should embrace their diversity but they need a leader or at least a messenger

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I do wish she would go away, since she's the only person on the planet that seems capable of getting people to prefer Trump to another human being, but that tweet was pretty funny.

Hey Now! likes this.
  20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Aww how cute. Clinton is getting into the twitter insults too. Have we ever had two politicians who continuously try to vie for the most shitty candidate long past the election?