1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What in the world is Daryl Morey doing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KillaBlackMamba, Feb 20, 2008.

1. KillaBlackMamba

Every freaking team in the West has reloaded to the point of contention. Every team except Houston. Is he just planning on sitting pat with the team at hand? 9 game winning streak or not, the truth is most of these games were against mediocre teams. In order to compete, we're going to have to step up and make a bold trade. Now throw in the Artest to Denver San Antonio rumors, it only adds more fuel to the fire. Do something Morey! CD would have made a move by now. This GM is ridiculous!

2. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

I wish I could trade you to the Jazz.

3. WillG

WillG Member

Well theres rumors of Rockets trying to get Mike Miller,Andre Miller, and Ron artest

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Good god lock this thread.

There is no need for this at all!!!!!

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

It's only going to get worse. One more day of all this trade BS hysteria and we can finally get on with the season.

6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

No, Pat will play about 20 minutes a game at Hand Arena.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'm sure Morey is hanging out in the john, picking his nose with toilet paper.

8. d.wang

d.wang Member

I agree. We need to bring back Vernon "mad max" Maxwell. IBTL

9. dedong22

dedong22 Member

that would make morey GOD

10. drich

drich Member

hey maybe Morey and Tim Purpura are the same people you see where it got him and the LAstros:rolleyes:

11. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

its tough when your team currently has perfect chemistry and can't stop winning games. The emergence of landry and brooks acts as an mid-season acquisition.

Your bill walton-esque extreme views are funny though. sometimes when I am on this board I feel like I am stuck in one of those "opposing viewpoints" books i used for research papers in 6th grade.

12. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Thats Houston AND Denver!

13. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

Biggest garbage thread in GARM

14. ekim

ekim Member

[​IMG]

Thank you Morey.

15. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

how the hell are you a member rank?

16. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Seriously, what the hell.

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

It's entirely possible that he will lose that status.

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

what are the odds that the OP comes back in here?

19. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

I would have loved to see your comments when he drafted Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry. Im sure you were pointing out what a dumbass GM he was then as well. :rolleyes:

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Let's see - he picks Aaron Brooks & Carl Landry in the draft - 99% of the board was perplexed by both of those picks - 99% of us were wrong and now love both of those guys.

He signs coach Adelman. It seems like the team is finally adapting to Adelman or Adelman has adapted to the team - either way we're on a 9 game winning steak and it's looking like that move is working out nicely.

Signing Adelman allowed him to bring back Bonzi on his dirt cheap option. That's working out nicely.

He magically turned VSpan into Scola. I can't stress how amazing it is that he STOLE our starting power forward from the Spurs. So amazing. Can you imagine if we beat the Spurs in the playoffs and Scola plays any sort of decisive role in that outcome? Spurs fans will be blowing their brains out.

He traded Juwan for Mike James - that didn't work out, but considering we only lost Juwan and damn near EVERYBODY thought it was an amazing move at the time, it's hard to fault Morey for that.

He signed Francis for peanuts. It didn't work out, but again, it seemed a no brainer at the time.

But let me stress this point - you're wishing for CD, but when was the last time we gained THREE very promising rookies in a single year? For that matter, when was the last time we had three promising rookies over the course of three consecutive seasons? As best as I can recall, you have to go back to Mobley, Dickerson and Harrington. It's been a very long time.

Morey is doing an amazing job, and I have no doubts that if he doesn't manage to put together a deal, it's because there were no deals out there that benefit the Rockets. I don't want to see our GM making trades just to make a trade. If it isn't the right trade, it isn't worth making.

Oh, and I especially don't want to see the Rockets throwing away draft picks considering how well Morey has done in the draft so far.