1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, May 14, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I've been thinkin about trade talks with Vancouver. Didn't Abdul-Rahim say that if Stu Jackson left, he wanted out? Well.... between Cato, 4.5 mil, and Bryce we could land him. We need an Sf, and he is a great player on both offensive and defense. Then if we could draft a PF, or a C. We would be set. Shareef is locked up for like 5 years. Him and Stevie could be the cornerstone of a dynasty.

------------------
    Rudy's tips on how to win.
    #1. Score more points than the other team.

2. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

I agree.

------------------

3. SLC GRIFF

SLC GRIFF Member

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

You know Francis3422, trades are usually mutually beneficial...

------------------
    "I don't care how tall the guy is, trade his ass!"

5. D.R.E.A.M

D.R.E.A.M Member

exactly Cab! we'de most likely have to throw in Cuttino and our pick too for that to happen. wishfull thinking.

------------------
    Dream's Team!

6. 3pointer

3pointer Member

KT might not do it but he might just close the gap on this scenario ...

------------------
    What now ?

7. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Keep in mind we are talking about Vancouver here. If Abdur-Rahim wanted out badly enough, Vancouver may simply be forced to take "something" rather than nothing for him. I am not sure when Abdur-Rahim's contract expires, but they assuredly would not want to make him mad, ala Mo Taylor and the Clips (sounds like a jazz band), and make him leave upon free agency.

------------------
    HOOP-T

Hey Shaq, Acme called, and they want their bricks back!

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

....you actually put a topic in your post. [​IMG]

The idea of adding Shareef to the Rockets squad makes me get goosebumps. I think it could be remotely possible. The guy isn't getting the minutes or touches he was used to getting and, IMHO, isn't very happy with his situation in Vancouver. It wouldn't be easy, but I think something could be worked out in the next year or two.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!

9. Puff

Puff Member

Actually I don't think we are out of it. I am in no way satying we have a chance to get Hill, but we are a winning franchise, with a winning tradition. We take care of our players, so i doubt you can say we are out of it!

------------------
    A Chuck paraphrase:

It was surreal! And I don't even know what that means!

Charles after Eddie hit THE SHOT

10. DaFranchise

DaFranchise Member

Here's something that could happen, in all of our dreamworlds of course.

Hill and Duncan decide they want to play together. San Antonio does a sign and trade and get Cato, KT, Bryce, and Walt, using the exception. Then we sign Hill to the exception. We get the #3 pick and draft Stromile Swift. Then we re-sign Mobley and trade Shandon for a future first rounder. Then draft Muoneke with the second round pick. Here is the heart of the roster, the other 3-5 players would be added some other way.

PG Francis Norris
    SG Mobley Muoneke
    SF Hill Bullard
    PF Duncan Swift Rogers
    C Olajuwon Miller

------------------

11. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

heypartner,

[​IMG]

Mango

------------------
    Arch Stanton lives!

Donate Blood!

12. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Fiona Apple is still a goddess [​IMG]

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Fiona Apple is a broomstick with a cute smile, nice eyes, and a sexy voice... but she's still a broomstick.

Trade her.

------------------
    ?

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

but, "What if..."

you could have her? would you take her? And would you give up who you already have?

You can't underestimate Fiona. There are 5 spray Pam plastic blonds for every Fiona Apple? Those who do all the little things well, and are willing to share the ball,,,can be on my team anytime...there's 12 spots.

Talk about Dreamcasting a Dream Team.

15. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

CUT APPLE

------------------
    CUT Tino
    Isn't it amazing how quickly everyone did a Cat Backflip!!!!!

16. Puff

Puff Member

Doubt it. They just got a new owner and a brand new staff, adding Chuck Daily to the team. I think they would be stupid not to keep him. FYI Peter Vecesy says Grant Hill is looking at some winning franchises and might even take the minimum. I know it's Pete, but might be worth pondering, because we have rebuilt rather quickly....

------------------
    A Chuck paraphrase:

It was surreal! And I don't even know what that means!

Charles after Eddie hit THE SHOT

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Rahim is already packpedaling on his threat to leave. Hollins said he thinks Rahim will stay. The Grizzlies now have an owner who is interested in winning and, it seems to me, actually knows what he is doing in putting together the front office to do it. In a year, Rahim will forget all about Stu Jackson.

The Grizzlies would be fools to trade Rahim for anybody. He is already locked into a long contract so he can't bolt to FA for many years -- and it's likely that his motivations will change between now and then. Finally, I think the Grizzlies can get much better quality than we can offer (w/o giving up Francis) since Rahim can't reduce their leverage with any demands.

------------------

18. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Well that pretty much takes us out of the running now doesn't it? At least the Pistons made the playoffs (albeit in the East)

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -

19. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Hmmmmm.... perhaps he'll consider the Celtics instead. They certainly have a more well established tradition of winning. This puts us further back in the running than I thought...

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -