1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Id like to see in the near Future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thedreamshake99, Jan 14, 2000.

1. Once all these damn injuries go away Id like to see Hakeem and Cato start together on the front line. Something tells me that even when Healthy Rudy isn't going to do this. Id hope to see a lineup of

Hakeem 7'
    Cato 6'11"
    Rogers 6'11"
    Anderson 6'6"
    Francis 6'3"

Man, now thats a big team. With alot of Defense that has been missing from Rox teams over the last few years.

as Backups:
    Center. Split between Cato and TMass, with good minutes going to Tmass. At power Foward, Kenny Thomas. A little Rogers here and some Bullard. At SF, you could give some time to Anderson, Williams, and Bullard. SG. Cuttino Mobley. I know he had a pretty good game tonight, but he still jacks way too many shots. Maybe cutting his minutes down to about 20-25 a game. PG. Drew. Let Francis get his 40 mins a game, give the rest, about 8 mins worth to Drew, or some to Mobley.

Please Santa. Give me a Cato, Hakeem: 1-2 punch on D.

Im telling you guys, if the Rox can get better in a hurry, if we see the two headed monster of Hakato, and if Hakeem can realize a new role (much like that of Patrick, or David) than you can forget a high draft pick (short of pure luck). With the Way Steves game has evolved wonderfully, that team is capable of going around 30-20 to finish off the season.

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

TDS99,

On one of the local stations, they said that TMass would not be back the rest of this season. I don't know if that is the official word or just speculation by that station.

Good things are possible when everything falls into place.

Mango

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dreamshake,

I TOTALLY agree with you my man. However, I do not think Rudy is that interested in winning games this year. In truth, I think he wants to get his young guys as much seasoning as he can, meanwhile losing close game after close game to get a high lottery pick.

All indications I get from watching the Rockets is that they have given up on winning this year. This may change when Hakeem comes back, but I doubt it.

Evidence of my theory. Did not sign Sam Mack, when this team clearly needed his abilities. Cato's injured hand has kept him out 2 weeks...PUHHLLLEEEAAASSSEEE !!!

I think Rudy has given up on winning this year, and will reload for next year.

DaDakota

PS. Man, I would love to see us start at the defensive end. D wins championships.

4. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Hakeem and Cato won't be seeing much time on the court together this year. During a local radio talkshow a few weeks ago, this very question was adressed to Mr. Tomjanovich. He replied by saying that, "It's something we tried a lot of during the preseason, but it wasn't to our advantage. Because both guys like to hang around the basket and block shots, the other team's big guys were getting a lot of open jumpers."[not-exact]

I initially was advocating this big Cato+Olajuwon lineup, but Rudy explanation seemed to make good sense.

5. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Yeah, but you know having open looks from 15 feet out is much, much better than how the Rockets typically let every guard in the lane short of Scottie Brooks.

Ill take Hakeem and Cato patrolling the lanes, over guys having open 15 footers.

6. TraJ

TraJ Member

I don't mind starting Hakeem and Carlos and letting Cato come off the bench to backup both of them. Doesn't Cato like coming off the bench? It seems I read that somewhere awhile back. But I do have to admit that big lineup is kind of appealing. I'd certainly like to see it against certain matchups.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hakato...

looov--ely...I might just change my user id.