1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What has Dwight done to be this hated by everybody?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kidhoward12, Feb 12, 2016.

1. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

I'm just sitting here watching Mike and Mike and Chauncy Billups is acting like Dwight is a lazy, uninterested, average player who doesn't care to show up every night and people will take this as fact. Anybody who watches this team everynight knows it isn't true. I go on Twitter and you can just go down the line of comments trying to destroy him. I mean what has he seriously done? Moving teams is not an excuse for people to do this. There's no way people have this much hate for someone for moving a team. Is it his attitude that he is happy? He went from the most loved player to arguably the most hated in about 4 years. People would rather see him fail than their team succeed. I was just wondering some of you guy's thoughts. Do you think it is his personality, moving teams, etc?

2. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Is that you Dwight?

3. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

Be serious maynnn

4. ibm

ibm Member

to answer your question,,, nothing, really.

sometimes people set expectations on you, no matter whether or not it's reasonable. and when you fail the expectations, even to a slight degree, those same people turn against you (and often more so than others).

oh,,, the forever urge of wanting to be right all the time...

5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Nothing. I hate Haren more.

1 person likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's an easy target because he never fights back....doesn't address the false accusations, choosing to just ignore them instead......so these hacks know they'll never get called out, while weaving a nice antagonist narrative for their braindead audience

1 person likes this.
  7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Easy answer: Because he left the Lakers hanging dry and has caused them to be a failure for the last 3 years. That's enough to get the hate train for the rest of your career from ESPN.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He does NOT show up every night he picks his spots, and he worries about his stats more than winning.

DD

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I think this applies to Harden this season. Thanks for reminding.

10. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

Some of it comes from the smiling stuff...which I think is stupid.

I think the main reason he gets so much hate is the fact that he is one of the most physically gifted players we have ever seen, but never really developed a solid skill set to go along with his physical tools.

Dwight has always relied on his athleticism and size to dominate. I think people associate that (along with the smiling/joking attitude) with a lack of work ethic. This is the reason we always hear about how much better he could be if he had an actual post game, could hit free throws, etc.

Personally, I don't question Dwight's work ethic at all. I think he works plenty hard, just doesn't allocate his training time in the right spots. Basically, I feel like he puts a lot more work in the actual gym (weightlifting/agility) than he does in the basketball gym. He's still working hard, just not in the right place.

Cases like this are the reason the phrase, "Don't train harder, train smarter" came around.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is trending that way as well.

DD

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

He's not a cac like that bum K Love

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, that's why he's great, no matter how this turns out... we can at least appreciate him ****ing over the Lakers.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

uh, no, he held the Magic hostage for 2 years. Dwightmare existed before he went to LA. He fired SVG while publicly saying that he had nothing to do with it.

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Seriously? The media went nuts over the whole "Dwightmare" thing when Dwight wanted out of Orlando, opted back in and then eventually was traded.
    Then when he left LA they all lost their mind. Kobe's opinion on Dwight certainly didn't help either.

It wasn't warranted but it's not really a mystery of where it came from.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It seems like every thread post on Yahoo! was from some Lakers fan going "I told you so!" to us Rockets fans. Seriously? It's an LA conspiracy. They wanted him back and, when they didn't get him back, they unleashed a sh_tstorm that continues to this day and reaches everywhere. And, as we see in the poll in the other thread, the majority of us want him to stay on the team. Yes, Dwight has some faults but...looking at him objectively...he's still an above average center. And, everyone knows the refs have it out for him. He has to tap dance on the court or else a ref will be all up in his... .

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If he cared about his stats he would have complained about touches. Howard is a good guy. People just hate on him because he isn't Hakeem.

18. kidhoward12

kidhoward12 Member

Update: Another butthurt media person added to the list. The guy from his and hers. You can hear him getting worked up over him. He is straight up trashing him. It's actually pretty funny. Lol

19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of the reasons have been touched on already. But let's not for get the 2-year drama of his exit from Orlando which was highlighted by that interview in which Van Gundy stated one of Howard tried to get him fired with Howard then coming up to Van Gundy with smiles and hugs, unaware that Van Gundy had just spilled the beans on him.

For me, I just don't get how Howard puts in the work to have that body but not to develop the offensive skills that would take advantage of that body.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i think its cuz he hasnt chokeslammed a mother f***er yet. once he starts choke slamming his teamattes for not passing him the ball, espn will stop being idiots about him.