1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What has been Daryl Morey’s Best Draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jun 28, 2015.

?

Which was Daryl Morey's best Draft?

1. 2007 - Aaron Brooks & Carl Landry

32 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. 2008 - Donte Green

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  3. 2009 - Chase Budinger & Sergio Llull

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  4. 2010 - Patrick Patterson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2011 - Donatas Motiejunas & Chandler Parsons

233 vote(s)
    76.9%
  6. 2012 - Jeremy Lamb & Terrence Jones

12 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. 2013 - Issiah Canaan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 2014 - Clint Capela & Nick Johnson

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. 2015 - Sam Dekker & Montrezl Harrell

16 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Rudy Gay for Shane Battier......

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lamb got us Harden. He wasn't the best player ever picked by Houston, but that yielded
    the best outcome for us. That is why I voted for it.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Technically Scola wasn't a draft but he should be considered as such since he never played in the NBA and that same extrapolation to how a skillset would translate was used. So that year with AB/Landry/Scola was easily the best rookie draft class. Completely transformed our team.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This whole thread is comments in hindsight. What do you think the OP was doing?

Saying that "we ended up with some pretty good players of our own" is also a comment in hindsight.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mjPpFRz2Dv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Daryl Morey's best draft picks

1. Aaron Brooks: He would of helped the Rockets at PG depth in the playoffs against the Warriors. I still don't understand to this day why he got traded. Maybe because he would of ask for too much of money?

2. D-Mo: He is solid and I think he'll develop in to a good player I hope he doesn't get traded.

3. Nicolas Batum: WHY DID HE GOT TRADED?

4. Chandler Parsons

5. Clint Capela: He is looking solid

6. Carl Landry

Those are his best picks. This 2015 class is yet to be seen and including llull. I think Morey is alright at drafting players he is not that good because he drafted bad ones(Royce White, Marcus Morris, Patrick Patterson,Joey Dorsey)

7. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Batum was drafted with the sole purpose of trading to Portland. We don't know for sure who DM would have picked had he not intended to trade the pick.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm not sure why you selectively picked that from what I said. The full sentence was "it's easy to make these type of comments in hindsight"

To spell that out, I was emphasizing that it's easy and rather meaningless to point out we passed on someone a majority of other teams did as well. You can't be right about potential outcomes every time. I don't think there's merit in pointing out limited instances of "missing out" in a draft unless it's a repeated offense.

9. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Parsons. Dude was on a cheap long contract and outperform it in year 1..
    Idk bout yall but I sure do miss him. If only we could've kept him at a decent price

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

OVERALL draft result, that is. Not individual picks.
    There's been duds mixed with good to where it balances out.

I dont think there's ANY way Rockets take Royce if they ONLY had 1 pick in that draft. That was only done out of having multiple 1st round picks, could risk a pick with a wild-card selection and go safe with others.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My point is. It's always hindsight when judging draft performance. And it GOES BOTH WAYS. You get credit for "great finds" and get blame for missing out great players.

This thread isn't about comparing Morey to other GMs. It's about comparing Morey's drafts from year to year. I love how Morey apologists are so sensitive.