1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened to our defense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden's beard, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Harden's beard

Our perimeter defense sucks!

I don't believe that NOLA players just got hot all at the same time, and letting Jrue and E'Twaun go for 31/41 FG combined is unacceptable by any measure!

Sure we won, but I'm starting to see a lot of holes in our team defense and this will not fly against real elite teams in this league.

Spurs and Celtics game coming up, and trust me if we don't fix this issue we'll get blown out of the court.

#1 Harden's beard, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    durvasa likes this.
  2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

nothing happened. it is what it is. not as good as ppl think, but good enough with a great offense.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We ran into some flukey shooters.

TheRealAllpro and Richie_Rich like this.
  4. papoose115

papoose115 Member

lol i can tell u didnt watch the game and just saw the box score... they were hitting some very contested 3s. their shots were just falling tbh. relax, our defense is great.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm not sweating it.....yet. The Rockets have been pretty solid defensively all season, and especially since CP3's return. I'm not ready to freak out over 2 games vs the rest of the games they've played. Now if this continues on the homestand, then I'll start to wonder if they're either slacking off or not as good as advertised at that end of the floor.

Htownballer38 and And1redux like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're thread making privileges should of been revoked after embarrassing yourself

didn't read OP's post. who cares

RCPM, acsorelle4, arabrocket and 2 others like this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Welcome to the regular season, where the elite teams can just go through the motions for the first three quarters and still win the game.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There were a lot of open 3s especially in the 1st half.

napalm06 likes this.
  9. And1redux

And1redux Member

Yeah while I'm not willing to push the panic button just yet, it is a little concerning how the opposing teams are coming at us with barrage of threes as of late, and I'm wondering if some scouts have figured out that our defense isn't very tight on the perimeter and guarding the three pointers. I hope it's just fluke on their part, but definitely something to watch out for.

10. Rockets4Life13

The rox just don’t really care too much right now. It’s pretty obvious that they’re saving energy all game because the regular season isn‘t that important right now. It’s ll about the playoffs. We’ve shown we CAN play great D if it matters.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

must b new

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Pelicans are s good 3-point shooting team, and it does seem like the Rockets gave up too many open looks.

Two games in a row is a red flag that we need to tighten that up. We shouldn’t get too comfortable with the idea that we can just storm back at the end of games. Don’t allow bad habits to settle in with the idea we can just turn it on at the end.

And1redux and apollo33 like this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

We played two good offenses, but I think more so than that those guys were just unbelievably hot.

I think pelican fans are delusional as well to take this game as some kind of moral victory.

The shooting aligning like that for those guys on a continued basis is flat out not happening.

slothy420 and Richie_Rich like this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It's the same guy who made the get rid of capela and Gordon thread a couple days ago

Tfor3, Nook and joeson332 like this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

Keep in mind Alvin Gentry I think worked under MDA in Phoenix. They have the same principles and philosophies on offense. It's no surprise the Pelicans can score. I actually think they can be dangerous if healthy

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

But do capela and EG need to go?

Stick to your spurs. We dont need anymore bandwagon fans hopping on from inferior texas teams.

YOLO and Pen15clubber like this.
  17. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Can't complain because it's seems like we can shut teams down when need be.

Portland-19pts in the 4th
    Pelicans- 20pts in the 4th

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We're getting every team's best effort. They know they have to score in bunches to have a shot at beating us. Everyone wants to beat the team with the best record, the # 1 team in power rankings and the team on a 10 game win streak

It's gonna get worse next yr for us as defending champions!

#18 Tfor3, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  19. photojoe

photojoe Member

Celtics just lost to the Bulls.

Yes they didn't have Kyrie.

But.... The Bulls.

Good teams have bad games. Good defenses have bad games.
    It's a good thing that we proved we can turn up during the clutch if we don't blow the team out and we need to, but it is entirely possible those games were just flukes and not the norm

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

We are getting team's best shot. Eventually we will lose a game to a team that has no business beating us. That's the way its always been in the NBA breh.