1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Grade do you give the Lou Williams trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Feb 21, 2017.

?

What do Grade do you give this trade?

1. A+

42.7%
  2. A

42.8%
  3. B

12.9%
  4. C

0.9%
  5. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. F

0.7%
  1. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

1st draft pick this coming draft is of good value, more value than Lou i think, anyway, Lou is another offensive threat only, we need defense and rebounding, not solving our biggest problem, Cav's deal is A+

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Are you the Bennie Anders that they were looking for on 30 for 30 last night from Phi Slamma Jama? :eek:

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Great trades get an A, lol. "This trade is great!! Ehh I'll give it a B" LMAO you make no sense but to each his own.

roslolian and smoothie like this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

The trade alone, just going by value, is great. In context of what holes we have to fill, it doesn't really address what we need. Either way I like it but I hope our deadline isn't over yet. Id still like a big center.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I thought that profile pic looked familiar. finally figured it out: stereolab - the first of microbe hunters

Spacemoth and BONIERO1576 like this.
  7. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

We got rid of Brewer and a very late first round pick for a sixth man of the year candidate. To call an "A" grade delusional is kind of....delusional

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Grade A is for a superstar move like acquiring players like Cousins, Chris Paul, Anthony Davis, etc. Louis Williams is a good deal but not a great deal. He can't defend, that is why he is not a grade A. He is a good playmaker, a good solid point guard who can score = Grade B.

9. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

I gave it an"A" because the signing of Gordon was an "F" but at least Chubby Chaser remedied it.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Getting superstars requires lots of assets, you don't give up a low first rounder to get a superstar so it's just dumb to rate trades based on superstars. NYC gave up chandler, gallo and lots of picks to get Melo, does that give them an A because Melo was a superstar when they got him? Hey under Billy King Brooklyn traded everyone and like 100 picks and got KG, Paul Pierce and Deron Williams. 3 stars, OMG AAA+ trades right there!!! :rolleyes:

The Rockets dumped a bad contract (D player) and got a 6th man of the year candidate (B+ player) all for a very low price of 25-30 pick. Looking at the net value which is what you receive vs what you give up, this is a total slam dunk because in previous cases other teams had to pay a pick just to get expirings or cap relief, for example 3 years ago Rockets had to give up a higher pick to get rid of Jeremy Lin, and Lin before is way better than Brewer today. So the Rockets give up a lower pick, get rid of a worse player and then get a really good player in return whereas before they got nothing.

If you're gonna give this grade less than B+ you shouldn't be evaluating trades, period.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Deal JUST parts exchanged: A
    Deal Overall: B+

The Good:
    Have the WORST reserve player at his position, and get the BEST reserve at HIS position. The CONTRAST is wide, its a steal even. Real Life Effect - Like going from Tyler Ennis to Patrick Beverley. Didnt need a superstar to make team surge, just a good player replacing a very bad one.

Williams fits the team concept. Rockets do need SOMEONE else besides ONLY Harden to HANDLE the ball. Lou is a bit of Gordon with Harden's FT's in a smaller body. Having that flexibility and insurance for Harden AND Gordon is sure nice. Plus we've seen how effective it works putting ACTUAL SHOT MAKERS around Harden. Adding 40% from 3 on high volume should mean more of that effect

Not So Good:
    Still has not addressed BIGGEST TEAM NEED in defending/rebounding big man and dynamic SF. Gotta have actual big men presense at some point. The 3 other best teams have SOME frontcourt balance with their shooting, which has proven effective in playoffs.

Also, the DRAFT PICK used woulda been nice toward BIGGER prize. It was cashed in on fair medium deal, instead of huge haul. That said, Williams does improves the team, which is what counts the most. There's VERY LITTLE DOWNSIDE to this deal. Its only if you wanted to be spoiled with more

D-rock likes this.
  12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Lou is a cool ass dude he does this day in the life series he had this recent one pinned on his twitter

cant wait to see the ones he makes in Houston

DreamShook and D-rock like this.
  13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Yeah a B+ for a guy who can't play defense...

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Everyone on here was saying we would have to attach a first to Brewer just to get a team to take him...well we did but we also received the 6th man of the year in the process

15. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I would have preferred using the 1st to net Tyson Chandler or a similarly talented big. I like Capela, but clearly rebounding is a weakness. Having said that, Lou Williams makes us an incredibly dynamic team.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Tyson Chandler is not that much better than Capela. Rockets need a better defensive big, I'm not so sure that it's Chandler.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Punk-ass Chauncey, Windblows, and T-mac on ESPN's the Jump, give Rockets a D, C, and a C respectively for the Williams trade!?

I mean, come on.. Media Conspiracy, right?

I remember these dudes thought getting Anderson and Gordon were laughable ideas too.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

How you like Williams now??!?!?!?!?

Time to eat crow LOL

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  19. caneks

caneks Rookie

Those three had passed their prime already when Nets got them. They were not superstars at that time.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That wasn't the question. The question was how do you grade THIS trade. I think Lou proved that it was an A+ tonight and in the process not only handed the Pels a L but you received a L as well for your bullshit grade, lol.

roslolian likes this.