1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What does a new owner mean for Daryl Morey as GM?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Jul 17, 2017.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Tad Brown is overseeing the sale. Les is sending reps to oversee it.
    I hope you're right, but it seems like Les is looking for the highest bidder rather than look for the best fit; which I don't blame him for. It's his team, his money.

DudeWah likes this.
  2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Morey has repeatedly said two things:

1) It's easier to rebuild by sucking and drafting high than by fighting every year to be in the playoffs and hoping to acquire a top player on the market, as we managed to do with Harden and Dickerson-Francis-McGrady.
    2) Alexander has refused to let Morey go the suck-and-draft route.

A new owner is much more likely to accept suck-and-draft. So I bet that's what we'll do after the Harden era runs its course.

Zergling likes this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Karma has come back and harder than ever. I hope they get rid of him ASAP.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Oooooooh!! That would be an awesome group!!! Mattress Mac and Tillman Fertitta as owners of the Rockets! Those are Houston's 2 biggest and most loyal businessmen! How cool would that be??

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

This was the situation when he bought the team. He may have bought out his minority partners which is very possible.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Morey will be around for years to come. Suck it up.

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

To anybody who thinks this means Morey will go: Why do you think Alexander extended Morey, in addition to Harden, before putting the team up for sale? Because both guys are major assets. No, I'm not saying that having a great GM is the same as having a great player. But Alexander knows that the team is more valuable with Morey locked up. It's highly likely the new owner will agree.

8. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Get er' done maury!.. oh wait...

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I suspect the new regime would be fine with Tanking.