1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you think of the "Battle Red" uniforms?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by A-Train, Dec 14, 2007.

?

Do you like the "Battle Red" uniforms?

1. Yes

115 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The red color is OK, it's just that I'm not a big fan of the pants being the same color as the jersey. I guess it makes me feel like I'm watching a live action version of Atari football

[​IMG]

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I actually wish they would go with the all-blue or all-white as they did earlier in the season. I think they look better.

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The teams in that game are yellow and blue... :confused:

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'd love a red jersey/blue pants or red jersey/white pants combination.

5. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Pants and jersey should never be the same color unless that "color" is white.
    I like the red jersey with white pants combo. I wish there were a choice for that in the poll.

6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

At least it stood out. I kind of liked it.

7. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

They look like the Coogs (with blue helmets).

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The red pants were a little much, love the red top w/ white pants though. I hope the Texans do something to spruce up their current unis though, the steel blue w/ white pants is too plain IMO.

I was actually thinking about white helmets like the Chargers are wearing. I think white helmets w/ the Texans logo would look badass. Any photoshoppers have some spare time?

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I like:
    red/blue
    blue/white
    white/blue

I'm okay with all red, all white, all blue, but they seem off to me. Last night we looked like bizzaro Falcons.

Evan

10. conquistador#11

you wouldn't need to photoshop. when the team came out, they used those helmets in their press release. or maybe i'm just delusional. does anyone remember?

oh, and I liked the all red battle look

11. the futants

The original version of the Texans helmet was white. I was at the "unveiling" at the mayor's office in Austin and the helmet was white and awesome-looking. I was pretty disappointed when they changed them to blue.

12. gucci888

I remember something like that but I can't find a pic. I really like the Chargers helmets and I think a white Texans helmet would look sweet.

13. Fatty FatBastard

They looked like Texas Tech, and they played like Texas Tech. I say we keep it.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/10L-zyCaHGA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/10L-zyCaHGA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

14. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I don't really care for it.

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think the all one color look (other than all white) looks too much like a college team (eg. all red looks like the Fresno State Bulldogs). Why teams feel the need for every possible color permutation... stay with the blue/white!

16. the futants

That's it! Looks freakin' awesome. On "Battle Red" days they could go with a red face-mask (and white pants, of course).

(Also, technically, the Texans could wear white helmets as "throwback" since that was the original design. :D )

17. gucci888

Not to be picky but is that a mini-helmet? The logo on the helmet is considerably smaller than the current ones.

But thanks for the find, I like it.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I liked them. Kind of like the old pants better, but these stood out. Battle Red Day kicks ass.

GO TEXANS!!!

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I liked them. My favorite combo is the blue pants/white jersey, but I think red/red planted itself firmly in second. Blue jerseys are the worst.

20. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

Dont mess with the undefeated all red uniform! ;) I have no problem with them, they are something cool for special games.