1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you like/dislike about this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Dec 3, 2016.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Like:
    1. The 3 pointing shooting is outrageous
    2. The spacing and sharing of the basketball
    3. The points out of the center position (Clint, Montrell, and Nene)
    4. We are competing at a high level (except Utah game)
    5. Our switching defense is paying off
    6. 2nd unit can protect or build the lead

Dislike:
    1. James still gets lost on the defensive end and plays Olay D.
    2. Corey Brewer (love my Gator), takes to many risk on D and bad shooter

Confident that this team will cause some problems in the playoffs, WCF or Semifinals.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't like when Harden abandons the offense and plays hero ball in the 4th.

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Lack of reliable guard play outside of Harden-Gordon-Bev is a little concerning. Especially if we match Dmo, our frontcourt is solidified. Ennis and Brown provide next to nothing as far as backcourt insurance.

4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I don't like the defense, but we sort of knew that we wouldn't be a great defensive team coming into this season. Mikey D'Tonis is a fantastic offense coach, though. He turned Jeremy Lin into a star, hes making James Harden a real pain in the ass Superstar.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I disliked wearing black. I can't tell if they are the real Rockets, seriously, I'm here not to dislike anything here.

6. joomba

joomba Member

Harden is playing a lot better defense this year from an eye-test perspective. I don't think he gets lost as much as he used to in previous seasons, but sometimes is a little bit late to close out on the perimeter shooters, but that's just because he's not that athletic guy. You have to live with that limitation in your star player who is not super fast or athletic, as with Lillard, Curry, or other sub par defenders. Overall, I see much better defensive effort from Harden and that's what is important.

#6 joomba, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    don grahamleone likes this.
  7. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

love how solid eric gordon and ryan amderson has been especially harden I don't like how bobby brown has pablo prigons bench spot

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

1. Mike Anthony transformation of the team from the bottom that McFail and BJ took them
    2. The chemistry amongst the players
    3. Having a legit scoring presence off the bench in Gordon
    4. The Houston Rockets is what makes the greatest sports forum in the interwebz - Clutchfans

Dislikes:

1. Maury's affinity to triple cheese burgers and his aversion to the gym or treadmill
    2. Keith Jones $5.99 chinese buffet addiciton and the fact he doesn't even know how to fit contact lenses
    3. Toyota Center expensive nachos and beer.

9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I love the black unis.

Also, you can't criticise their D. It doesn't matter if you let them score 120, as long as you score 121.

Also can't criticise Harden for not going all out on D. I'd rather he let in a few more baskets than foul out and hamstring the team.

Remlap likes this.
  10. Exiled

Exiled Member

well life is a bit complicated
    I like MDA 7sec. strategy unless it ended with a turnover
    I Dislike Harden's 23.9sec. implementation unless the last shot is falling

11. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Like:

- Offense thus far
    - Three point shooting
    - Harrell
    - Capela!
    - Ariza's shot and D.

Dislike:

- Lack of rim protection
    - Our intensity in some of our losses
    - Harden's FT %
    - Brewer over McDaniels
    - Beverley continually passing up open threes for an off balance floater

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

13. kevtse

kevtse Member

I think we will be much better if KJ gets all Brewer's minutes and Harell replacing Nene as the backup center.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Like:
    - Spacing & movement on offense
    - Team chemistry
    - Quality wins vs Spurs & Golden State.
    - Flashes from younger players Harrell, Dekker, Capela
    - Bev lending a spark
    - Handling of Brewer
    - Health of Ryno, Gordon, Nene so far
    - A Capela with Capela
    - Nene 3's

Dislike:
    - So many 3's. I still like antiquated crafty 2-pters
    - Harden outside shot, FTS, turnovers, clock eating possessions need improvement (and still playing MVP level). Defense about expected
    - Team Defense and rim protection can be really bad
    - Ryan Anderson hot / cold streaks, 35 foot launches
    - KJ earned minutes & not given more (Brewer has gotten TOO MUCH hate still)
    - Drop in guard depth after Harden/Gordon/Bev

Besides a ding here and there, Rockets and each player are at the optimistic side of expectations

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

The emergence of Dekker, KJ, and Capela

Dislikes
    Brewer stil getting playing time
    Harden's turnovers

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Like: 13
    Dislike: 7

For the most part, winning games that should be won and a few surprises in between.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Considering we started the year with only 2 starters who started majority of games last year with 2 other starters who are totally new with the team and a completely new coaching staff

1. rockets offense thanks to everyone coaching and players and players confidence familiarity and chemistry improving
    2. Vastly Improved defense compared to last year. Just need to be consistent

Dislikes:
    Whiners and haters who praise the rockets while complaining about its leader. They need to check who is leading the rockets offense and defense this year. There's still inefficiencies with defense but it's on the whole team coaching staff and players and not on 1 specific player.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is my only complaint right now. I wish the coach would just take James out in the last 4 minutes of every game so he doesn't get a chance to try and take every shot, slow the game down, and stand there dribbling and then throwing the ball to someone else at the last second.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. chandlerbang21

I hate how its basically 1 in 4 out every time on offense with minimal movement off ball unless someone is setting a elbow screen for brewer. Its truely an ugly style of bball but as long as they are hitting the 3 ball its all good

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I know the thread is about likes and dislikes, but I'm going to list these things versus my preseason expectation.

Disappointed in:

Capella's FTs and defense around the basket, Trevor's overall defensive impact (really expected a lot more even though it's still the best on the team thus far), Jeff Bzdelik's pregame preparation and early defense, our offense when shots aren't falling, Ryan Anderson's midrange game (where is that turnaround jumper I've seen him nail over and over?), Gordon's defense, the attendance at home

Surprised by:

Everything Harden including his defense (what a PG!), Trevor's offense this year, Corey Brewer lately (not gambling as much and hitting shots), winning even though we look flat for spurts (last year flat for short period = loss), defensive adjustments during the game especially late in games, getting rebounds when we need them most, Beverly's resurgence (looks great so far!), not hearing much from Morey during the season, Ryan Anderson's defense was supposed to be atrocious however it's just not quite that bad, surprised by the offseason chemistry actually surviving a few losses, our resilience, beating the Warriors when they were on a roll, our late game defense when it really counts, did I say everything Harden?