1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you guys know about Maciej Lampe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by what, Apr 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

he seems better than loren woods.

hows that greece center doing now at the euroleague?

2. Melo

Melo Member

dont get me wrong, but youre bull****ing

the diffrence between poland, or any other european country and united states, is that basketball isnt as much popular as for example soccer. in usa you have basketball court every neighberhood and its hard to find good one in poland. other issue is coaches, in states coaches are paid to train basketball players in poland its their hobby and they dont get cash for it, even if you want to train day and night you cant, because there is no gym open for free(and belive me, those are big costs to rent gym for your own), and there is no coaches that will help you to soar.

3. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Calm down Melo ;]

I agree that basketball is not popular in poland and gyms are usually horrible but man, a lot of players dont have the best work ethic and you can't say that's not true cause it is.

Again, in USA if you wanna training basketball you gotta love it. You have to listen to coach because if you don't you will get waived. In USA basketball is very popular and usually there are about 3-4 guys who wants to play but there is only one spot, so only 1 of those 3/4 can play. That's why guys compere, work hard.

In Poland you don't have anything like that. People sometimes play bball cause they don't have anything else to do. There aren't many guys who wanna play bball, so teams (especially coaching young players) just bring everybody who only wants.

Again, even if you have talent it is tough in Poland to become a good player somewhere else than Poland. In USA coaches usually are searching for talents and if you have it you are gonna be noticed.

4. empiric

empiric Member

That is bulls*it what you say. Luis Scola won MVP awards in Europe playing the very same game as he plays in NBA, that is fighting for every ball, rebounding etc. He was doing the very same "role player" job. The difference in Europe people can appreciate a player who is a soul of a team, who is doing little things to make a team win. In stats-driven NBA basketball culture such type of a player would never win MVP award.

5. Milad

Milad Member

Homeboi, get out of here, seriously.

What you say is bs, Luis didn't have any "role player"-job when he was playing for Tau, he was the best player on his team and he scored most and dominated most. Don't come with that bs here, mate, I was a huge fan of Tau Ceramica and Luis wasn't taking any role-player job, he was the same warrior but he dominated soooooo much more in Spain and Europe. Just check his stats if you don't believe me.

6. empiric

empiric Member

With the stats you are right and maybe I have overstated a bit. However, my point was, that Luis is not your typical flashy player and he dominates differently than most of the players in USA do. European basketball is just so much more team-centric rather than individual-centric. I believe, with his play since he is in the first line-up, he proved that he is not just a role player, at least in my opinion.

7. Jimes

Jimes Member

Good one :D

8. Melo

Melo Member

but youre insutling us - polish people

if somebody has work ethic or not, its not dependent if he is polish or he is not. look at earl manigault, he had all the freakin talent in the world, but as himself said "for every michael jordan, there is one earl manigault".

i didnt say gyms are crap, you just cant practice when you even want

What annoys me the most, is that youre discriminating polish people(some bull**** you said about work ethics and other), and youre one of us. Its a shame polish like you are ****ting on their own country, after centuries of slavery, our grandfathers died for the freedom Poland.

9. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

I was gonna say that :D

10. TheHangover

TheHangover Member

Back when he was with the Hornets, he was banging a girl I know. She called him "Match" and said he was well endowed, like 10" well. /thread

11. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I fail to see where you prove me wrong. I never called Scola bad. But if a role player over here (albeit a really good one) can be a dominant player over there, there's a significant difference in league talent levels. I didn't say Euroleague was bad or uninteresting. Heck, I find NCAA basketball interesting for the same reasons. It's a team-centric game where heart and little contributions can go a long, long way.
    But I'm not delusional. Any NBA team can beat any NCAA team any day of the week. And while the talent level between NBA and Euroleague is much closer, there's still a lot more talent in the NBA.

But here's a question for you:
    You say "in Europe people can appreciate a player [like Luis Scola] who is a soul of a team, who is doing little things to make a team win. In stats-driven NBA basketball culture such type of a player would never win MVP award."
    Scola was traded to the Rockets because the Spurs needed to save money and felt his game was redundant with Tim Duncan's. And since Scola has started playing in the NBA, the extreme similarities between their play styles have been confirmed.

So my question is, "Are you saying Tim Duncan is not appreciated and would never win an MVP award in the NBA?"
    [​IMG]

12. Melo

Melo Member

i remember announcers calling Anthony Parker, an european jordan :) he was a real real real superstar in europe couple of years ago

13. Milad

Milad Member

I remember those days, Anthony was a freaking god in Israel. Okey, he played like one too and honestly, I've always seen alot of similarities between Parker and Michael's game, too bad though that Parker is a "made in Taiwan" copy of Jordan.

14. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Have you heard about the Polish kamikaze pilot?
    He flew 39 missions.

<-Kolenda

Edit: Hey, is anyone as impressed as I am that we have a 3 page threat about Maciej Lampe?

#54 blathersby, Apr 14, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  15. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

He really does suck.

16. AXG

AXG Member

Pass on Lampe.

17. Melo

Melo Member

lol never heard of that