1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do you all think of Fizer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HOOP-T, Feb 23, 2000.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I have been watching this guy a lot this season. He is a 6'8", 265 junior out of Iowa State. He put up big numbers against Mihm and UT last night with 35 pts. Here are his season stats:

32 mpg
    21.7 ppg
    7.9 rpg
    1 bpg
    61% fg
    71% ft

Pretty impressive, and he is a big, physical player who can get in the paint and bang.

Not sure if he will leave ISU early, but he looks like a solid prospect.

2. SlamN

SlamN Member

He looked good against Texas yesterday. His jumper seems kind of suspect but this guy sure finds his way to the basket. He lacks the height of a prototypical PF but is a load. If he's around in the lower half of the 1st round I think he would be a good pick.

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

The guy was cheapshotting the horns all game long, lol. dont i sound like a homer. No, he was very dominant inside.

He reminds me, body wise, as a cross between derek coleman and maybe antonio davis. Pretty buff guy, i think he can definitely play in the nba.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He made Mihm look like a future Jon Konkac. Number 1 pick my butt.

DaDakota

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

hehehehahahahaha

DaDakota

You said Jon KonKac

Jesus, That will have me chuckling all day

Rocket River

6. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Chris Mihm is a future John KonKac.

But the question about this Fizer guy, can he hang with the big boys?! Like that really great player from cincinnati .. I forgot I think his name is Kenyon Martin.. [​IMG]

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah Francis3, those big boys from those scary Conference USA schools like UAB, UH, South Florida, Memphis.

Mihm consistently plays very well in what some consider one of the top 3 conferences in the nation, as does Fizer.

I think Martin will become a great player, but to say that Mihm will be the next Konkac is idiotic at best.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I will avoid slinging mud and back up my take on the ever SOFT Chris Mihm.

Mihm never responds to challenges by another player..NEVER.

He has excellent footwork, and is a good COLLEGE center. The NBA is as much about desire as anything, and I openly question Mihm's desire.

He is and forever shall be....SOFT.

As for Konkack? We shall see...he had similar nubmers in college as Mihm.

DaDakota

9. alaskansnowman

I saw Fizer's highlights and he seemed to be really good. If we could get this guy then...

1. move carlos to the 3
    2. kenny and fizer at the 4

10. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

The guy can flat out play. I have been hearing a lot about him, but I watched him play last night against the best frontcourt in the conference and he dominated. Word is that he declaring for the draft, if we could get him with a lower first round pick (assuming we have one) than he is worth a shot. He reminds me more of Charles than either KT or Brand with his ability to drive to the hoop.

11. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I don't know if we need another 'tweener-type player.

We already have the 6'8" Kenny Thomas who likes to shoot threes, and the 6'10" Rogers who isn't really big enough to guard most PFs in the league.

We need someone who is built to play PF and someone who is built to play SF. I think both Rogers and Thomas will never be 'stars' just because they aren't prototypical of their positions. Sure they make great role players, but at 6'8" Thomas has to become another Barkley almost (which is highly unlikely), and Rogers needs to add about 30lbs of muscle (which is also unlikely unless steroids become allowable in the NBA).

I'm not really trying to knock either Thomas or Rogers. I really like both of them, especially Rogers. But, they aren't ideal, so why add to that?

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

12. IA Rocket

IA Rocket Contributing Member

Houston really doesn't need him. He's a great player, but he is undersized. He has cronic foot problems, and has been playing with injuries all year, and I'm not sure if he could hold up over an 82 game season.

He is a Junior and hasn't decided if he wants to go pro yet. I'm guessing he will play hard enough to go late in the first round and sit on a teams injured reserve next year healing up.

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

How tall is Karl Malone? How tall is Charles Barkely?

Granted, these are special players, but height means very little in the scheme of things. You have 6'9" point guards now. You have 6'4" power forwards too. Fizer is built like a damn truck....if he doesn't possess a PF body, I am at a loss for who does?!?!?

14. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Karla is listed at 6'9" (I've seen him listed at 6'10"). Barkley was listed at 6'6" (which was generous)

But, are you comparing K. Thomas or Fizer to two of the greatest PFs ever to step onto a basketball court?

Still, I repeat, I'm not trying to knock K.T., but at his height and his propencity to shoot 3s, he's going to have to be as good as both those guys to be an all-star. Same goes with Fizer. He does have a little more bulk, and I haven't seen him play very much, but the odds are he's not going to be the next Sir Charles.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

15. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

OH NO Dreamer, don't get me wrong. I was comparing size, not necessarily skill. I was merely trying to point out that height isn't that important. I think strength weighs over height. In terms of a PF body, I think Fizer has exactly that. Now, you are right about Chuck's height being generous. He is more like 6'4". Karla's listed height is exaggerated too, he is no 6'9".