1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do we have in Troy Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Sep 21, 2017.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Hope the reason D’Antoni hasn’t played Troy is because of injury and not lack of confidence.

His energy and attack of the rim could provide some much needed juice off the bench in situational spots

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree to an extent, but until MDA trusts him I think Hunter is coming off bench before Williams. Hunter can be trusted to almost always make right play and shoot 3ball when open. Unlike Williams and Weber.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree. A guy like Hunter came into the league with high expectations. Sometimes the system delays a players
    progress. Change of system (coaches) to system can detour progression. The reverse can also happen.

Troy Williams going from the Memphis grind to the Houston wide open spacing may be much like Gerald Green.
    I was hoping for Suns Gerald Green which was allowed to gun it. I believe Green is a perfect fit for the current
    Houston scheme. Troy should also flourish in the open spacing.

Williams has a slight advantage over RJ Hunter imo because of being with the team since last season.
    I’m sure you have seen Hunter with the Vipers more than I have D-rock. I trust your opinion on this
    matter.

D-rock likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What we have now:

Someone stuck behind Ariza, Moute, and Green. And possibly even RJ.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

We got nothin'. Just another overhyped guy.

topfive likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

The reason these guys can't get off the bench is NOT because MDA doesn't want to play talented guys who can contribute at this level immediately.

We're gunning for a title this year, guys, not trying to develop borderline rotation players.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Another... basketball player!

8. The Greyhound 33

What do we have in Troy? We have the next scrub that’s going to drop 30 on us