1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So as far as I know you'll need to wait for transfer, unfortunately it's not like the stocks where you can get instant deposit (or money ahead of transfer).

One other thing to note, and a reason that you might be better buying elsewhere is that on RH you're buying it like a stock where you can't transfer it off their exchange to your own wallet or another exg ( like you can with stocks you can move your portfolio off RH for a fee) .

I thought that would have changed by now, so you might be better buying elsewhere and holding off exg on a physical wallet (like if you're buying high dollar amount). But if you plan on not holding long term and just flipping then RH works it's just not as convenient.

RKREBORN likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh one update, so once you're instant transfer is back on RH Gold- can put in money from that (like get another instant 5000) , but unfortunately sucks to wait on some of these cryptocurrency things. Like if I was still super involved I'd be able to recommend some groups you could transfer over PayPal or something (obviously I'd do small increments) and then get them in your personal wallet, but btc is more volatile than I was expecting since the half mining date is coming up soon.

Like could be nice returns, lately I like stocks though since we have more variety

RKREBORN likes this.
  3. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Wondering how low xrp will get so I can buy more

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I got out of most alts but this could be an interesting time.

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Does anyone know where you can buy Bitcoin that is available to trade instantly? All I have is CoinBase and the delay for deposits is 6 days... looking for something that allows me to deposit instantly w/ a CC/DC (not a bank wire). Anyone got suggestions?

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Cash App might be worth looking at. I don't know for sure what fees are but I've used it to transfer/deposit cash to/from people. I haven't tried buying BTC but know it's offered and looks like it can be transferred.

oelman44 likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If youre on coinbase already, they have coinbase pro, which is their trading site. All of your funds transfers instantly and free from coinbase to coinbase pro.

oelman44 and CCity Zero like this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Ah, Nice, I didn't know they offered that

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It was formerly GDAX

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Oh nice, Yeah I haven't added anything lately so that's a really great tip on transfers. Thanks for the heads up!

donkeypunch likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. Commodore

money printers are out of control, convert your rescue dollars to bitcoin before they are debased into oblivion!

13. Commodore

you've been warned, last chance to get on this rocket ship to the moon

14. adoo

adoo Member

since Jan 2018, Bitcoin has lost ~~60% of its value

[​IMG]
    which is why Warren Buffett, generally considered the greatest value investor ever, has repeatedly said that Bitcoin is “probably rat poison squared,”

“[Bitcoin] itself is creating nothing. When you’re buying nonproductive assets,
    all you’re counting on is the next person is going to pay you more because
    they’re even more excited about another next person coming along.”​

“If you wanna gamble somebody else will come along and pay more money tomorrow,
    that’s one kind of game. That is not investing,” "it is “probably rat poison squared,”

15. Commodore

zoom out

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

if you look at that chart and that's your take away then you stink at reading data.

Also its just wrong. Jan 31st 2018 was $10,118 and right now its $8,845 (13% drop)

#4396 tallanvor, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  17. adoo

adoo Member

what an easy choice!
    1. the considered opinion of the greatest value investor ever, Warren Buffett, or
    2. the blathering of mental midgets, such as tallanvor and those of his ilk

it is willful ignorance on your part to pretend that Jan 2018 began on Jan 31st.

earth to tallanvor,

Jan 2018 began on ~ 1 Jan 2018, when btc was >19,000​

#4397 adoo, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  18. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Is it not willful ignorance on your part to try to make your point by using the current value vs. its ATH? Why not use the value from it's first few years in existence to see how it's grown?

Warren Buffet in 2014 told the world Bitcoin was a mirage, not an investment, and to stay away from it (https://www.coindesk.com/warren-buffett-investors-stay-away-bitcoin). Bitcoin was worth around $500 at the time of his comments. Want to calculate how much it's gained since then or does that not fit your narrative?

19. Commodore

we aren't here to persuade, this is happening regardless

we're here to sound the rocket ship departure alarm, hoping everyone will get on board before it's too late

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I’m fearing that BTC is a little exhausted. Looks like it’s coming back down to earth...