1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Working for me.

SIL

2. astros123

astros123 Member

when BTC goes down the ALT coins and other will go up. this is time to buy buy alt

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

... aaand it *just* came back up.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

What a coincidence. Smh...

Either Coinbase upgrade their servers or this is some kind of bs.

5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Alright, I'm out. Gonna put sell limits @ 205 for 1 LTC, buys for LTC at 161.21 for up to 2 LTC, 3 LTC more at 154.44.

ETH limits selling 1 @ 590, buying 2 @ 468.

SIL

6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Just a test run for future.

SIL

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You are a very good trader, Sil.

Good job. Night guys.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I was going to add some positions for myself last night when it was 92. And I was super tired because it was really late and it was after I just put my son down to sleep after feeding again and I was groggy. I came to the computer to just look at the prices etc and I said ahhh I'll buy tomorrow LTC hasn't moved much between 92 and 100 lol.

I originally got it to hold long term but might want to dump and wait for it to fall, but I dunno lol. I did however move my LTC out of Kraken over to GDAX because the spread was like $40.00 or so and I am tired of seeing CloudFlare more than the Kraken site.

9. Stack24

There are some big buy and sell orders going on right now.

10. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I'm a real life trader. But can't say I'm use to these kind of swings, and not being able to talk to traders directly. With stuff like power and gas, you can figure out who you're matching up with on the screen. With this, it's a game.

SIL

Hakeemtheking and DudeWah like this.
  11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Not true.

Alts are inflated atm. There are only certain alts worth getting now.

jbasket and Yung-T like this.
  12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Which alts do you like to hold long term if you don’t mind me asking?

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Go for alts that have some actual presence and tangible value. Not sure which those are, so I can't really comment. I'm hoping they are ETH, LTC, NEO, and IOTA lol.

SIL

14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I'd love to know which CC, Coinbase will take next on it's platform.

That'd be a game changer. That'd make anybody whose on the hype train subscribe.

SIL

15. Stack24

That's the one big thing everyone speculates on. When their iOS version was one of the most downloaded apps recently you know everyone wants to ride the wave of crypto. They don't immediately realize they can buy partial coins and see the high prices of BTC, and ETH and they see LTC as the cheap alternative that could end up like BTC so they buy in.

Coinbase is the standard because it's the fastest point of entry from a buying crypto sense.

#2215 Stack24, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Coinbase is the standard because it's the fasted point of entry from a buying crypto sense.[/QUOTE]

Its not the fastest. Its just the most popular. This is why BTC si the rage when there are much better coins out there.

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

ETH going past $500.

I told myself i'm taking my ball and going home, may get back in here. might as well hire a hooker, by the time she gets here ill call it a day and spend whatever i made on her. right?

SIL

The Real Shady likes this.
  18. Stack24

Its not the fastest. Its just the most popular. This is why BTC si the rage when there are much better coins out there.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious, what is faster in terms of getting online in the united states putting your credit card and or bank info in there and buying one of the 3 cryptos? All the other accounts I have took time to verify and all that stuff. Binance I didn't but that's because you can't transfer any USD to it only coins. I would rather refer friends to something else if it's faster. Thanks

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

if all you want to put in is less than $500.00 a week through CC, then yes, coinbase works. Gemini approved me very quickly and has lower fees and I haven't had trouble logging into their site. Coinbase is notorious for their high fees.

#2219 Space Ghost, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  20. Stack24

Yeah I don't use coinbase personally because of those fees. I use GDAX (partner company of coinbase) for my main purchases becuase there aren't any transfer fees. Then I move them to Binance for Alts.

I actually just signed up to Gemini to check it out today. Heard good things about it. But in an buy now instant world, coinbase has the newbs and impulse buyers covered.

SirIvyLeague likes this.