1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do People Here do For a Living?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 9, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Trump is a Licensed Architect/Contractor and Mexican!

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Mexicans aren't allowed to be Mexicans now?

3. AkeemTheDreem86

I thought Mexican wasn't a heritage? You have the Trumpian ability to contradict yourself in one paragraph.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  4. ipaman

If you use the phrase Mexican heritage you moron what do yo think it means. Ever heard of context? If you say I'm Mexican that means you're actually a Mexican citizen which I don't think the poster meant. Are you really this stupid?

5. AkeemTheDreem86

You literally just said Mexican is not a heritage.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Skynet

Ubiquitin likes this.
  7. ipaman

Another moron geez... Using Mexican is like using American. Now if you say I have Mexican heritage it's fine with that context because any person (except maybe you and @AkeemTheDreem86 ) would understand the context and meaning that you have family who where Mexican citizens.

8. AkeemTheDreem86

Oh ok so Mexican is a heritage now?

9. AkeemTheDreem86

I'm just trying to learn something. You must be super smart since you call everyone morons.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Read what you typed... "Mexican is a nationality not a heritage." Then in the next sentence you say he is an American with Mexican heritage. And thus the confusion.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  11. AkeemTheDreem86

We're morons, though. It stands to reason our vain attempts to comprehend his genius would only lead to confusion.

12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Manage a Pharmaceutical Warehouse in Omaha Ne. Born and raised in Htown, Klein Forest class of 84, University of Nebraska Lincoln

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Full stack web developer

#73 RocketsLegend, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Play me !

15. JuanValdez

Americans aren't allowed to be American now?

Maybe you're operating on some information that wasn't in this thread. Mystik said he was Mexican and you told him he was wrong. I can't tell if he meant he was a Mexican national, or a naturalized immigrant from Mexico, or a person with 'Mexican heritage' from the amount of information he provided here. I really don't get why anyone would object when someone claims to be Mexican.

16. ipaman

wtf?!?! are you talking about

Because I'm of Mexican heritage (Mom and Grandmother are Mexican) and it and bugs me when people say I'm Mexican when they're actually American. Plus as a friend I want to make sure @MystikArkitect understands that if used that way he might be saying something that's not true if he's actually American.

17. JuanValdez

I fundamentally disagree with you about what it means to be Mexican. I don't think being American has to obviate your Mexican identity. And I certainly wouldn't tell a Mexican he isn't really Mexican like he's too ignorant to know what he is.

tinman likes this.
  18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Where do you play? Chess.com?

19. ipaman

Nice try but that's not what I said or am even talking about. You can be American and have identity or heritage. But if you want to use it for identity you have to use the full term Mexican-American or Mexican heritage, etc.. You just can say Mexican because that alone means you're a citizen. I'm sorry you don't like that but that's what it means.

-edit-

Maybe this will help you struggling brain friend.

Mexican
    Specifically, the nationality of the inhabitants of Mexico. Therefore, the term is used appropriately for Mexican citizens who visit or work in the United States, but it is insufficient to designate those people who are citizens of the United States (they were born in the US or are naturalized citizens of the US) who are of Mexican ancestry. The various terms used to properly designate such people are described below, however, it is important to explain why these people feel it is important to make such a distinction. US citizens who are troubled by this often point out that most immigrants do not distinguish themselves by point of origin first, (i.e., German-American), but simply as "Americans" (another troublesome term, but we won't get detoured by that here). Here are some reasons why many US citizens of Mexican extraction feel that it is important to make the distinction:

20. JuanValdez

@ipaman, whatever. I still disagree.