1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are you Watching ARound the League?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pchan, Jan 18, 2006.

1. pchan

pchan Member

The rockets season has been a bit lost so far... So, I have been watching some other basketball games around the league lately.

The team that I have been watching is the Phoenix Suns. I love the way they play. (sidenotE: did anyone catch the commentators on TNT the other night in the Heats vs Lakers game... how Riley team is now more running.. not like the old knicks and heats teams he coached. because riley felt the new rules kind of favor a running game with quick guards? I think JVG may need to do some adjustments sooner or later.)

Back to the Suns, have anyone else been watching their games? Their game is so much shooting and passing, but it's not chaotic. NOt like street ball. They have just a very fast pace offence. And I think their good shooting in part is because of the way they run their offence. Steve nash is just awesome. Shawn marion.. his shot is so arkward.. sometimes I think he is arkward.. but he is so effective. Steve and shawn is such a funny combo, becuase there is nothing awkward about Nash's game. I think any basketball fans.. (diehard or average) would enjoy watching the SUNs.

The individual I have been watching is KObe Bryant. I don't like him. (It is funny that I feel I need to make sure people understand that I do not Kobe, i guess that says a lot about him) But he is good. If you have yet to watch him play this year. Go Watch. HE truly is something special. Two or three years ago, I thought T-mac would eventually surpass Kobe, because I thought T-mac is more all=around and complete than Kobe. But watching him play this year (of course it's hard to compare the two when T-mac barely play).. Kobe is just something else. I guess the sad thing is.. his greatest strength is also his greatest demise. But KObe is good. I would say he is the Best one-on-one player right now.

Rookie whom I like.. We all know about luther head... and chris paul is good. But I also like Kings Kevin Martin. He is going to be good one. Good shooter. Good athleticism. Confident.

2. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

You're right about Chris Paul and Kevin Martin.

Paul may well be the best PG in the East in a couple of years. I also love that he is playing through the injury as well.

K-Mart II has done a lot more than he ever thought would be asked of him after the Wells injury. He has gotten better every game.

The other rookie I've been watching is Charlie Villanueva. If that guy would start he would be averaging 18/9 with 3's and blocks to go along. He really has a solid post game and great range. Reminds me of Donyell. Too bad Sam Mitchell is in love with starting Araujo and Jay Graham.

Marion is my favorite non-Rocket player this year and seriously deserves MVP consideration. The lines he puts up are insane, never seems to miss a game, and plays both ends.

I also have been amazed at Gerald Wallace's play. He's the only guy in the league who averages over 2 steals and 2 blocks,and will keep gettting better as he improves his range. He's been a mini AK-47.

3. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

KMartII isn't a rookie this year; Garcia's their rookie.

I don't have league pass, but I've kept up with the Hornets and Bucks, mostly. I like their young PG play (Paul and Ford) and they seem to have a good nucleus to build around.

Individual player WAS Artest before he pulled a dumbass move...now I'd say AK.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I love watching brand play. So i hope the clippers will do well this year.

About that Riley's team have been running more... I do remember a team of Riley that would also run a lot.

5. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I love watching what Kobe is doing with the Lakers. Those games usually come on late at night so i'm able to catch those when I get home from the gym. Fun to watch, looks like the Lakers may actually be playoff bound. I also like to watch Lebron and AI when I get the opportunity.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Kobe is awesome. I was watching that Lakers/Cavs game where Lebron had that tomahawk jam right before the half. Kobe is shooting terribly the whole game and was outplayed by Lebron...then, in the closing minutes of the fourth quarter, when it counts most

bam
    bam
    bam

Three clutch shots in a row, all with multiple guys in his face.

That's the only thing that Lebron is missing from his game, clutch shooting late. Once he gets that, he'll be unstoppable. Until then, it's Kobe's league...

7. pchan

pchan Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about them. I watch the Jazz sometimes because of AK-47. He does get hurt a little too much tough. He should be an all-nba player if he can just stay healthy for a full season. Gerald Wallace surprised me. Didn't think he would be this good. Doing everything just like AK-47.

I like shot blocking. And them two can do so much more than just blocking shots.

8. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

I love watching Lebron play because, well, he is an awesome nba speciman. Can do anything on the court. However, these last couple games have been brutal for him. He isn't clutch, that I'm willing to admit, but hopefully that will come in time.

As much as it pains me too, I do enjoy watching Kobe Bryant play, he's having one heck of a year so far.

9. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

kenny thomas getting a triple douple nice work from a clutchfans labelled blackhole

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The only team other than the Rockets that I'll watch if I notice they are on is the Cavs.

11. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Kobe and Phil Jackson's Lakers.

They are pretty exicting to watch. Unfortunately they lost to Sac yesterday, which they should have won. :mad:

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is a good idea for a thread. I think Clutch should make it a sticky. It'd be cool to be able to come here at various points in the night to see what others are watching and to get a sense of what's going on that night in the NBA games.

13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Team: Suns.

Players: AI, Wade, Nash, and Kobe.

Overall though, I am an NBA junkie, so I watch anything that's on. :D

14. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

What a huge step back for the Lakers. Kobe doesn't get the ball on the last shot of regulation, so he spends the entire overtime forcing RIDICULOUS threes over multiple defenders. The Kings were double and triple-teaming Kobe because they knew he wouldn't pass, and they were right. Huge setback for what seemed to be some growing chemistry.

15. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I'm another person that hates Kobe, but likes to watch him play. I just love it when the end of the game comes around, and he's forcing shots left and right. Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't. Either way, it's entertaining.

It's funny watching his reactions when he doesn't get the ball, or gets fouled hard like Brad Miller did last night.

Kobe's got scoring ability like Jordan, but doesn't make his teammates better like Jordan. Remember when Jordan told Steve Kerr in the Finals to be ready, because when he drove the ball in he'd be doubled, and would kick the ball out to Kerr? I believe something similar happened with Paxson. That was probably the reason I was most impressed with Jordan. Everyone knew he was the best player in the world, but he still made the right play in giving the ball up to an open teammate.

I can't imagine Kobe willingly giving up the last shot, to make a hero out of a teammate instead of himself. I can only remember it happening one time with Robert Horry.

16. pchan

pchan Member

I think last night game showed everything that's right about Kobe and everything that's wrong.

He was having a great game, and then he just gone Kobe in overtime. I am sure during the overtime, he would rather lose the game than let any of his incompetent teammates touch the basketball at all.

Seeing KT got his first triple double was nice. I always liked him except when he attempt thos 3-point shots.

It would be fun to watch tonight game Phoenix vs Lakers. Last time when Kobe was frustrated after losing to Houston (those good old days when we won games), he dropped 62 points on the mavericks the next game. I want to see what Kobe does tonight against the Suns.