1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are some of your greatest fears these days?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by burlesk, May 31, 2004.

1. Uncle_Tim

Uncle_Tim Member

Jet Li in The One.

2. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

Whatever. Our country needs a serious rooto-rooter and I'm just the man to destroy the nanny state and restore true constitutional limited govt to this country. Just think, if I ran things, there would be no income tax (replaced with a national retail sales tax) and most govt services would be paid for with user fees (libraries, highways, schools, etc.). Prostitution and all drugs would be legal. The Federal govt would be a shell of its former self and the states would take care of most problems, as the Founders intended. The days of a gazzillion alphabet soup govt. agencies sucking up precious dollars to waste would be ended. No more EPA, OSHA, Mediscare, Medicaid, WIC, IRS, DEA, BTF, Federal Marshalls, HUD, FDA, TVA, Postal Service, Amtrack, HHS and the Dept. of Education among others. Why not have your states, which are more responsive to the needs of those they serve, handle all of this? It is an obscenity and a disgrace that we have a budget of 2.2 trillion dollars! It would be an economic powerhouse much more wealthy than today.

But on some issues, I'd drop the old hammer. If you desert from the U.S. military, the punishment is the good-old fashioned firing squad.
    I have no sympathy for these cowards running away from their obligations.

Here are some other things I fear:
    -Liberals controlling the govt. Higher taxes, more vote-buying entitlements and a weaker foreign policy are just peachy!

-Putting back into force the godawful "Fairness" doctrine. It will be the end of talk radio, but I'm sure that doesn't bother the left. They may whine about people calling them unpatriotic and trying to squelch their ability to dissent, but at the first opportunity......

-A high voter turnout in the election. Most people lack the cognitive capacity to actually make a real decision on our leaders, so they vote for gives them the most goodies.....the Democrats. Vote for us and we'll give you some goodies thanks to the money we take from those evil rich who oppress you.

-Another Democrat attempt to steal another election via the court system.

-the prospect of electing a traitor come November is frightening.

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Very good call. Anything Jet Li is money but I forgot about that one in particular. Just watched Kiss of the Dragon the other day, and I must say my greatest fear would be fighting Jet Li. After all, the man wiped the floor with like 30 black belts at once. I made it to like red when I was 10.

Every time I see a movie like Troy or LotR with huge primative battles, I shake my head and wonder what Jet Li could've done. Achilles aint got nothin on Jet Li.

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Why is it so frightening? You've got a traitor as pResident right now, and it doesn't seem to bother you too much!

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Except for 2 feet and a hundred pounds.

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

A "traitor"? A little harsh, dontcha think?

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Not harsh enough, IMHO.

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Not only a traitor but charges should be brought up on war crimes.

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

According to Bush 41, there are two of "the most insidious of traitors" working in the White House right now every single day and Bush 43 has done nothing to find them. Clearly, there is treason in the White House.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

My greatest fear?

[​IMG]

12. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

If that's the case let's bring Gore up on charges of treason for his speech the other day.

trea·son ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trzn)
    n.

1. Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies.

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Ah...

Now I get it! A vote for Kerry is a vote for the terrorists.

Now it makes sense...

Gore is more of a patriot than Jr will ever be. At least his speech hasn't got people killed.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That's a good definition and one violated by someone in the Bush whitehouse who has top security clearence and did infact aid our nation's enemies by realeasing the identity of one of our nation's intel agents working on behalf of our nation in a time of war. Someone with top clearance leaked Plame's name, and Bush has done zero has been done by Bush about it. There are only a handful of people with that kind of clearance. Bush should get them together and tell whoever did it to admit, and if nobody admits it, he should remove security access for all of them, and suspend them from duty. When our nation is at war there no time for allowing someone like that to continue to endanger our soldiers and security.

The speech you mentioned however is far from treason, and shows a shining example of how strong our nation is. It shows that even in a time when our soldiers are threatened when somebody believes the principles of our nation are being diverted, we can speak against it. It shows freedom, and fledgling would-be democracies like Iraq can see that and feel excited about a day when they too might have those freedoms.

15. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Funny. I think terrorists would vote for Bush.

The biggest threats to terrorism:
    1) a unified World;
    2) decreased incentives for recruitment.

And how has Bush performed?

It's also funny to assume that someone who actually went to war when called is somehow less tough than a yellow-bellied CHICKEN HAWK.

16. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I would be all for a unified world if it were realistic. Why hasn't any other president unified the world? The terrorists are in a world of their own.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

According to statements by the terrorists listed in other threads, they do want Bush to win re-election.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Being in Dhahran, having a terrorist attack 10min from my house, having 2 company cars stolen (perhaps for terrorists to use to enter my compound).

What I am actually starting to fear for here is my, and my family's safety. Things are really getting unstable here. It's very sad.

19. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Bush is nothing more than a good old boy to me. Normally I'd respect him just for being president but he has no business being in charge of a country. Go back to baseball. No, on second thought the Rangers are doing well now.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Seriously, I hope you stay safe but you guys really should leave, things aren't going to get any better there and are likely to get worse.